• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Why can't I see VIMEO???

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I bought a new MAC last week, everything is almost set up to where I like it but I now realize I can no longer see any of the Vimeo posted videos on the Forum! I can see anything from Youtube just fine. But no Vimeo!!!

This is of great concern to me, as I use Vimeo exclusively to post clips, trailers, etc.

I am assuming this is an issue with my new Mac and not a site issue (though I will post in the Bug Reports too, just to be safe), so if anyone can tell how to correct this, I would extremely grateful.

It's gotta be a browser issue. Are you using Safari or something else?

I am using Safari, just as I did before on my old Mac. Never had an issue then.... "sigh"....

yeah, I definitely now think it has something to do with Safari.

If I use Chrome, the Vimeo vids now appear.

Trying doing some research on the Vimeo boards, got very conflicting suggestions... lol

I think I will try to update my Flashplayer....?

Problem resolved. Installed the newest version of Adobe Flashplayer and all is good again.

Nice one bob. Slightly on topic, I still have the issue of not seeing Vimeo embeds on mobile devices. Again, YouTube is fine, but Vimeo vids are invisible when on da phone. Is this everyone's situation or just mine?

What type of mobile devices? During my "research", there seems to be lots of issues with any and all Apple products.

njvc said:
Nice one bob. Slightly on topic, I still have the issue of not seeing Vimeo embeds on mobile devices. Again, YouTube is fine, but Vimeo vids are invisible when on da phone. Is this everyone's situation or just mine?
I have this issue on all browsers I've tried on my Android (Motorola Droid Razr). Stock browser, chrome, firefox, dolphin, and some others whose names elude me at the moment. And the Vimeo native app is just s#!t, and doesn't work well at all going from browser to app, and the search is terrible.

Yeah, basically I'm complaining because I feel your pain. If anyone has a vimeo/android solution that'd be very helpful!

I'm having the same difficulty with firefox.

[MENTION=8922]njvc[/MENTION] vimeo doesn't do mobile very well. I had to resort to their native app which wasn't all that indeed. What device do you have? [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION] I was going to come barging in Superman style saying "you need flashplayer!" but your very own Quatermain detective skills beat me to it :)

I use Dolphin browser and see Vimeo just fine with the flash add on.

I watched a vimeo file just fine on Chrome for Android (without Flash).

Chrome has built-in flash as far as I know. Dolphin's one of the better mobile browsers I've tried :)

Back
Top Bottom