• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Bruce Campbell Will STAR In the “Evil Dead” TV Series!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(Two parts to this post...)

Part One:

I'm hesitantly optimistic. "Developing" does not mean it's a sure thing. Sam and Bruce have talked about sequels and then later backtracked "Eh it's not happening" and then "Oh yeah it's totally happening". It's the way of the business. Kind of like how Kevin Smith is nowadays, I'll believe it when I see it.

It's also a big factor what network it will be on. Definitely not prime-time major basic networks. If it's something like FX, well ok that might work out. HBO would really be its ideal home, and they could always use a popular franchise half-hour horror/comedy show in a late-night slot.

I personally would prefer them to stick to the style of the original flicks as opposed to nuED. Keep the blood flowing but keep the audience laughing > rape audience with bloody violence.

That being said, Bruce Campbell really thrives in a good TV role. Brisco is great and he was consistently at the top of his game with Burn Notice.

Part Two:
[MENTION=29061]Linten1[/MENTION] here's a tip. When starting a new thread about a movie/TV show/etc, you should give your thoughts and feelings about it. A link to an online article is not an ideal first post in a thread. You want to start a discussion, not just send everybody to the comments section at another website.

Good examples, read the first posts in these threads -

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?8375-Schwarzenegger-The-Legend-Of-Conan
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?8912-Christopher-Nolan-s-quot-Interstellar-quot
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?6967-Community
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?5853-Louie-on-FX
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?7040-Star-Trek-novels

Don't take this as me being rude or saying "YOU'RE WRONG." Just a friendly tip from a fellow internetter. :)

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
(Two parts to this post...)
Part Two:
Linten1 here's a tip. When starting a new thread about a movie/TV show/etc, you should give your thoughts and feelings about it. :)
I like the idea of Bruce Campbell in a TV series based on the Evil Dead Movies.:)

Hope that clears everything up for ya.

Actually just posting the article was my intention.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
I like the idea of Bruce Campbell in a TV series based on the Evil Dead Movies.:)

Hope that clears everything up for ya.

Actually just posting the article was my intention.

Without posting your thoughts, there is no clear intention. It is just a link. It could go anywhere. Could be a rick roll (remember those?). Could be unsavory NSFW content. Could be an auto-play video with very loud audio. We don't know until we click the mystery link or wait for someone else to take the plunge.

The thing that bugs me the most when people do this kind of thing is that they tend to agree or enjoy only a part of whatever resides at the link, but they don't specify which part. Thus, if one who clicks takes issue with some of the content, that issue is now with the one who posted the link rather than with the person who wrote the thing, because if you're posting ONLY a link, you're basically saying "literally everything here is the same as what's in my head I might as well have written it thus it needs no introduction, context, or discussion from me".

To try to redirect to being back on topic: I think the show might be a cool idea, but I dunno. I didn't click the link.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Without posting your thoughts, there is no clear intention. It is just a link. It could go anywhere. Could be a rick roll (remember those?). Could be unsavory NSFW content. Could be an auto-play video with very loud audio. We don't know until we click the mystery link or wait for someone else to take the plunge.

The thing that bugs me the most when people do this kind of thing is that they tend to agree or enjoy only a part of whatever resides at the link, but they don't specify which part. Thus, if one who clicks takes issue with some of the content, that issue is now with the one who posted the link rather than with the person who wrote the thing, because if you're posting ONLY a link, you're basically saying "literally everything here is the same as what's in my head I might as well have written it thus it needs no introduction, context, or discussion from me".

To try to redirect to being back on topic: I think the show might be a cool idea, but I dunno. I didn't click the link.

Yah, I understood what you where saying. But the link really didn't warrant any conversation. Most of the article is pictures of "Tweet" post (if that's what you call them?) I thought it was a bit of interesting information that came out of the Comic Con but not anything worth more than a link. Mostly I feel this way because I agree with you, it may or may not happen. At such an early stage as writing, without a pitch even to a major production company, it just isn't worth more than a link click.

Unfortunately, unless your at Comic Con thats about all the information that comes out of there is worth. So much of it is hype.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
Yah, I understood what you where saying. But the link really didn't warrant any conversation. Most of the article is pictures of "Tweet" post (if that's what you call them?) I thought it was a bit of interesting information that came out of the Comic Con but not anything worth more than a link. Mostly I feel this way because I agree with you, it may or may not happen. At such an early stage as writing, without a pitch even to a major production company, it just isn't worth more than a link click.

Unfortunately, unless your at Comic Con thats about all the information that comes out of there is worth. So much of it is hype.

In that case, if it were me posting, I probably wouldn't even post a link at all. Just something like:

"There will be an Evil Dead TV show starring Bruce himself. Not much info yet but EXCITING!?! What do you guys think?"

To each their own though. I won't tell you what to do. But I also won't click a link without context. "Cause knowledge is power" -G.I.Joe. :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That will be just enough of the backseat-moderating... I discourage posters from just posting links without commentary, but this has been discussed quite enough already. Back to Bruce Campbell...

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
like neg says i believe it when i see it, but if it does happen lets hope sam rami directs an episode

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never watched the original Evil Dead Trilogy.... :bolt:

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I have never watched the original Evil Dead Trilogy.... :bolt:

picks jaw up off the ground.

The first Evil Dead was kinda serious in tone. I didn't really like it. But as with many Horror films the concept was better than the movie itself. And that really made up for the movies shortcomings.

Evil Dead II, my personal favorite, is very campy. It has copious amounts of monster Blood and tons of fun. Prolly the best ending of any Horror movie of that time period.

Army of Darkness is a mixed bag. Because Sam Raimi decided to skip the Ratings Board with Evil Dead II they went really hard on him for the ratings of Army of Darkness. Because of this Raimi never did get to make the cut of the movie he desired. He ended up with a "R" rating for a film that was really a PG-13 at most. The movie had some wonderful moments but didn't really come together.

If you wanna watch a series of movies where you can watch the Director grow in his craft this would be a great trilogy to witness that.

Did you see the remake of Evil Dead at least?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
Did you see the remake of Evil Dead at least?

yeah, I thought it was just okay.... lol :behindsofa:

I liked Cabin In The Woods much more, which I think came out around the same time...?

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
yeah, I thought it was just okay.... lol :behindsofa:

I liked Cabin In The Woods much more, which I think came out around the same time...?
We are in agreement.

loved the Whiteboard.

and what could have been, Valve was developing a Cabin in the Woods video game. They even had Left4Dead characters in the cubes.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll believe them when I see It.
Raimi has said a lot of things over the years that never happen - Evil Dead 4, Army of Darkness 2, and Evil Dead 2-remake mixing with Army of Darkness sequel etc.

But it's a great idea for FANEDIT. Cutting the whole franchise (or at least part II & III) into a TV series with all these TV stuffs that it should have (cliffhangers, opening credits). Maybe even mixing it with a remake to create a parallel universe or something :p

Just an idea.

Top Bottom