• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Elfen Lied

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm on Episode 8 of this truly epic anime series, recommended to me by Aztek, when I look up the UK rating... it's a 15!

Frankly, down to the extreme violence of the first episode I really was expecting to see it as an 18 based on that episode alone. But no.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument

The series itself is breathtaking. The soundtrack has one of the best surround mixes I've heard in a long time (dialogue is placed not just solely in the centre channel, but in the back, left and right channels relative to the composition of the shots). The visuals are incredibly stunning, detailed, sharp and engrossing. It's just incredible.

Absolutely. It's pretty brutal stuff, and definitely not for the faint of heart.

In one episode, there is a flashback of the main character (Lucy) as a child when her puppy gets beaten to death with a vase. She rips them limn from limb. One character was molested by her father and ran away. That's the type of brutality I'm talking about

Still, it's a really good story. I'd recommend it.

There are 14 episodes, however one of them is an OVA (original video animation) that is set between episodes 10 and 11. This episode is not contained on any of the commercial DVD sets that I am aware of.

Psst...Ghost...do a preservation.

Ghost, I got your message. You are very welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

I've gotten ahold of the OST, which also has a fan composite of the Lilium theme from everywhere it can be heard in the TV series.

I want to do a fan edit of this, basically combining the whole series into one feature film.

Go for it. It would be difficult, and there is an important flashback in the OVA, which I do believe hasn't been officially released.

ok you sold it to me, will try and acquire a copy.

Wow thread resurrection lol

nOmArch said:
Wow thread resurrection lol

No shit. :)

But it did remind me to remember to check the series out some time.

Hey, it was on the first page, it's not like I went hunting for it :p

Just rewatched this (well...sort of. I never finished it the first time I watched it) and I must say WOW. This hit most of the right notes and tugged at the right heartstrings. It's been a while since watching something (especially an anime series) has made me feel so uncomfortable. I'm thoroughly impressed.

(Who's this Aztek guy?)

Bought it over a year ago, but like most of the anime I've got it's been collecting dust on my shelf. Last one I watched was Samurai Champloo I think and that was 4 months ago, I'm only midway through the series :/

Back
Top Bottom