• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Shane Black (Hawkins) to direct Predator sequel.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am more excited for his DOC SAVAGE project... if it actually happens... ;-)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This film is going to be as big as a house!

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Call me excited for both. I think I have higher hopes for Doc because, and no offense to the devotees of the old film, there is really no cinematic history to compete with/compare to. They obviously have to handle the original pulp material, but a new incarnation of Predator has a lot of baggage (good baggage but baggage nonetheless) to compete with.

Robocop and Total Recall both fell short, but I trust Shane Black more than most filmmakers.

Fingers crossed.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm hoping the tone in this trailer is not the general tone of the movie and it is just some badly misjudged marketing:

Fast and furious with Predators?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently it's a sloppy, cobbled-together mess, complete with some really awful representation of characters with mental health issues. I guess I'll be avoiding this, then...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It does sound all over the place with most critics criticising the terrible last act, which I'm reading was hastily and entirely re-shot several weeks ago (after poor test screenings). Fox executives doing what they do best again.

I'm only interested in watching this now out of morbid fanediting curiosity :D .

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Posting as an example of Fox's inept handling of this franchise... They just uploaded this Predator2 Kill Count video (to promote the new film I guess?) but they miss out about 150 kills :D  (including one main character death):

FFS.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mike and Jay's spoilerific review makes the new film sound so spectacularly misjudged and awful that it makes me want to see it now :D .

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the only Predator sequel and/or spinoff worth watching.

Top Bottom