• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fanedits that Can't happen

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all,this is about fanedits that Couldn't happen-- even if you wanted them to (there's another thread for edits that "Shouldn't" happen). With the state of technology advancing the way it is, more things may be possible in the future, but for most of us, some edits just can't happen because of how fundamentally flawed the film itself is..

BTW for those of you up for a challenge, go for any of these.. Dare I say i dare you? :p

-I was watching Mad Max 3 (Beyond Thunderdome) the other day and was disappointed all over again-- like if only there was a way to fix this movie by removing those kids--it'd be so much darker and in tone with Mad Max 1 and 2-- but I don't see any way to. It just can't be edited into a darker film Minus kids

-the new Transformers films (Dark of Moon, Extinction -18% on RT)-- I'm not sure how one would even go about attempting to fix the later entries in this series. The acting is so bad, some characters so over the top, and the action (read shaky cam) annoyingly distracting, that you have nothing to work with to produce a better edit. That said there have been attempts made to fix these in the past and I'll check them out, but when the source is so horrendous it would take a miracle to make them even watchable. The benefit of tinkering with fundamentally good movies like Star Wars of Blade Runner is that you could never completely run off the tracks--if the source was great, your edit will be at least good. Not an advantage you have with Transformers, it takes a lot of courage to attempt a fix--respect!

What are some other movies which just can't be fixed?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dead in the Water. Many have tried to fix this, alas it's impossible.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

Ok so its Night of the living dead on Friday the 13th meets The Exorcist, Dark Water, and the Evil Dead... Why would anyone want to tinker with amazingness?? "The water is them!" Epic.*

*fail

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

I doubt anyone has tried to fix this turd.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speed Racer... No amount of work can fix this..

SKYflix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Battlefield Earth...
Not even god could salvage this turd!

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Battlefield earth was that bad? I gotta admit I've never watched it.. Unsalvageable?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only way it'd be enjoyable is either Frink-style Ridiculousized or Grindhoused/Super-8ed.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm. I liked Speed Racer for what it was, an explosion of color and accurate homage to an old cartoon I vaguely remember. Nothing to fix IMO.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
The only way it'd be enjoyable is either Frink-style Ridiculousized or Grindhoused/Super-8ed.
That's cheating.. EVERYTHING is good grindhoused ;)

Another one I don't think can ever be fixed: The Omega Man...
I like the original story, and Charlton Heston... but this movie was ... well ... I'll stick with the Simpsons parody.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is no way a fanedit can be done from that "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" two parts movie, starring Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver and Christopher Loyd.

One: because it does not exist.
and two: because it would be so good that no one would need to edit it.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to fanedit my life, but I don't have sony time machine pro :(

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
There is no way a fanedit can be done from that "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" two parts movie, starring Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver and Christopher Loyd.

One: because it does not exist.
and two: because it would be so good that no one would need to edit it.
I watched that one, thought it was just ok tho. Indu was limping half the movie cos he hurt his foot on a door or something

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I'd like to fanedit my life, but I don't have sony time machine pro :(

I have a time machine. But it's one of those where you sit in the box for 6 six hours and POOF it's 6 hours later.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking of designing a time machine that's in the shape of a rabbit, and it poops out little real rabbits that race across time as your time travelin'.

Top Bottom