• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: John Carter of Mars:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
John Carter is a pretty fun movie but it's not as fun as it should be. This edit streamlines it to make it faster paced and tries to make it less confusing for the newbies. Overall it works very well and it's fun but don't expect a wildly different experience than the theatrical cut. If you enjoyed the theatrical cut but felt it was a little too long, this will help. The color correction on Mars is very nice. It makes everything a little more vibrant while before it seemed somewhat washed out. It also makes Carter not look so pasty white. The rearrangement of the Thern introduction was nice and the deleted scene of Deja explaining the warring cities was excellent and should have been in the theatrical cut. A few minor complaints: After Carter talks about the ships sailing on oceans, his reaction shot is still a little goofy. The music change during the quick escape from the Thark camp from exciting to slow and ponderous is a little abrupt. It's not a a hard cut or anything but it is just a bit awkward. I kind of wish that a bit more of the after credits sequence was included with Carter back in his cave but I can understand the earlier cut off. Overall: It's a fun ride and nearly all of the changes are very well done. I wouldn't call it a replacement, but it's definitely a worthy sidegrade.

More...

Top Bottom