• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: John Carter of Mars:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched this movie cold - never having seen it before. However, I read the entire Mars series as a kid, so I thought it would be fun to see what Hollywood did with it. By the time John Carter met Dejah Thoris, I could tell why the movie never received much acclaim. Poor acting, cheesy dialogue, Tharks that remind me of Jar Jar Binks, and too much effort to be cute. A particularly bad movie, that I believe no edit could fix, at least for what I would look for in a tribute to Edgar Rice Burroughs. My nine year old son enjoyed it though, so there is a audience.Technically a sound edit though. I was not able to tell when and what might have been cut. It seemed disjointed at times (like the jump to the first flier battle and the red man getting the power weapon). I would have preferred a slower intro to Mars, leave the flier scene until later if possible. All in all visually entertaining at least.The only reason I do not recommend the edit is because I do not recommend the movie in general to anyone who wants to preserve the integrity and seriousness of the books. If you didn't read the books, the movie is probably worth a family watch with popcorn on a lazy Friday night.

More...

Back
Top Bottom