• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus Unbound:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just shy of saying "finally a perfect edit" on this one mainly because of the opening. Really, that's the biggest ding I have on this edit...beyond that, it's damn near perfect. But it's an annoyance enough to warrant knocking 1 point off the enjoyment scale because it's a big issue to me. Why? Because I'm not a fan at all of editors inserting the completely unnecessary supplemental footage from the TED talk and Shaw communication. I don' know why people insist on doing that. Neither of those things have a place in the film, especially the TED talk. They're so out of place for what amounts to an "Alien" movie. What would I do to fix this edit's opening (if I had any editing skills)? I would open with the original black screen slowly spelling out the title, fading in to the space shot of the ship bolting through space, the text scroll spelling out the ship name and crew, then go into David's intro. That's it. That's all the opening this movie needs. And from there just go into this cut of the film. Perfection. Anyways, outside of my big gripe on the opening, I would say that this is the best paced cut of the movie I've seen so far. When the shit hits the fan, it happens all at once and with perfect timing. With only minor plot issues near the end that just can't be fixed (Shaw's event) as far as I can tell, this is a fantastic edit. Video quality is mostly very good, but there were some points where artifacts plopped in and some blurring and banding happened, but overall it was solid. No audio issues that I noticed. Now if only I could get it in full 1080p with a clean presentation and no occasional artifacting or blurring, and a fixed opening, I'd be in heaven.

More...

Back
Top Bottom