• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Friday the 13th Part X Jason In Space:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another reviewer commented that there were no hard cuts, so maybe there's another version of this edit floating around, but the one I got from fanedit.info has many hard cuts in both audio and video.I'm a HUGE Friday the 13th fan, and I'm probably one of the few who liked Jason X when it came out in theaters, but this edit didn't do much for the film. I appreciate the effort to turn Jason X into a more serious movie, but even with the hard cuts some of the over-the-top comedic bits are still present...and that's not an issue for me with the theatrical version because from the start, it sets the tone that follows throughout the film with the comedy sprinkled about. Here, it's just very jarring cuts and then oddly maintained comedy. The holodeck scene was probably the most notable that could have easily been edited out, but was left in place...I don't know why.Anyways, the premise is good and the opening sequence showed a lot of promise, but opening text crawl was just akward, and the editing was hard to watch. Maybe it's because I know the original too well, but then again, I've seen edits that were seamless for even worse films that turned them into good films...so I know it's possible.Again, I appreciate the effort, but I think more practice is needed.

More...

Top Bottom