• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Star Wars - Episode I: Balance of the Force:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is in many ways a masterpiece! The way Jar-Jar has been redubbed just blew me away. He is a really funny, sarcastic jack-ass now. This movie sorely needed a character like that. For example, after Sebulba threatens Jar-Jar and Anakin intervenes, Jar-Jar says, "I was about to give him a beating before that kid got in the way!" [paraphrasing]. Love it!Also, I liked the way the relationship between Gungan and Naboo is fleshed out and the Kyber crystal brought into the story. Further, the darker Trade Federation works well, though I personally don't think redubbing them is essential.However, this edit has a lot of fat which could be trimmed, and the video quality is pretty horrible. If I had video editing skills, I would seriously consider recreating this edit with some of the ideas from Q2 and Secior's mixed in, to tighten things up.Yads' "Lone Gungan" is a similar edit, though his redubbing of Jar-Jar isn't nearly as interesting.

More...

Top Bottom