• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Buffy Reimagined (season 3 turned into eight movies), trailer inside...

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's time again to continue the work on Buffy. Now it's season 3 that will be formed into a series of movies. It will be eight movies.
Five of the movies are already finished and I'm working on the last three for the finale.

The first movie is called "A new world", the second "A new beast", the third "A new wish", the fourth "A new experience" and the fifth "A new meaning".

Here's a trailer for it:

Password is: Summers

:)

Not too many people have watched "Buffy Reimagined (s1, s2)" (5 movies) yet, or at least not that I know of.

But how will you be able to enjoy the next installment of "Buffy Reimagined" where I turn season 3 into movies?

I've completed the second movie for it: "A new beast" and started with the third one.

Eventually I plan to turn all of the Buffy show into movies, so why not watching it while it happens? Your children and grandchildren will envy you for it.;-)

NewSpock said:
so why not watching it while it happens? Your children and grandchildren will envy you for it.;-)

post-24099-well-there-it-is-gif-Jeff-Gold-yNHs.gif

If you want to read up on the story-structuring and changes for the first movie:

First movie:

Of course the first movie starts with the episode Anne, but I let it start with Giles visiting Joyce telling her about the Oakland flight and that he didn't find Buffy and then Joyce blames Giles for taking Buffy away (great scene) and Giles replies that he didn't make Buffy who she is and Joyce asks back "Who is she really" and then I let it go over to the scene where Buffy is walking on the beach in broad sunlight and Angel appears...

From then on it's all about Buffy, I cut out all that happens in Sunnydale, like the scoobies trying to fight vampires, or Xander and Cordelia's attempts at getting back together... cause it's not only superfluous but also severely reduces Buffy's story and atmosphere...

The other change is that when Lily throws down her tormenter in the hell dimension he stays dead, he doesn't come back for Buffy to kill him with that Gandhi-joke (awful!).

"Dead man's party" is not as bad an episode as many people think, in fact I think it's great from a character-interaction point of view. The major problem with it is imho the plot about that dead-rising-zombies and that right when the scoobies have their fight they are interrupted by these zombies and Buffy kills them, breaks the spell and suddenly they all hug each other. Didn't make any sense.

So I just got rid of all that zombie plot.

Even though I cut all that zombie-stuff out, I let Buffy find that dead cat in the cellar and let her and her mother bury it, cause it was thematically interesting. But of course I didn't let the cat come back to life.

Instead of letting the zombies interrupt, I let Cordelia defend Buffy and I let Giles arrive on the party witnessing the argument and then showing Giles visiting the school’s principal trying to force him to let Buffy be reenrolled for school.

Another thing changed is at the end of "Faith, hope and trick": Buffy puts down that ring she got from Angel in that place where she killed him... and then in the original the picture grows dark around the ring and then a moment later after Buffy left it gets bright again and Angel is thrown back into the world.

I think that robbed the scene of Buffy of its emotional power. So here I let it grow dark and it stays dark and the movie ends.

I guess the structure of the first movie is pretty much that "Anne", "Dead man's party" and "Faith, hope and trick" get formed into a movie.

to be continued...

Sounds like fun!

Strictly from an episode perspective, I find all the Buffy stuff in "Anne" to be dull and all the stuff in Sunnydale to be funny and entertaining. But from a movie perspective, you're absolutely right; you have to follow Buffy's arc because it's more important.

The Giles/Joyce scene is indeed brilliant, and a strong place to start.

I like all the suggestions for the other edits!

TomH1138 said:
Sounds like fun!

Strictly from an episode perspective, I find all the Buffy stuff in "Anne" to be dull and all the stuff in Sunnydale to be funny and entertaining. But from a movie perspective, you're absolutely right; you have to follow Buffy's arc because it's more important.

The Giles/Joyce scene is indeed brilliant, and a strong place to start.

I like all the suggestions for the other edits!

Thanks, TomH1138.:)

Just an update: Finished the third movie, I call it "A new wish".

FWIW, I am interested in this.

I've always been a big fan of Buffy/Angel, and I've been wanting to introduce my girlfriend to it, but she hates episodic "monster of the week" crap.

I just picked up Buffy S1&2 Reimagined, and I am going to watch them with her. Hopefully it gets her into it enough that I can watch more of it with her/watch Angel with her.

Thanks Darkholme, I hope you'll enjoy Buffy Reimagined s1,s2.

Sick! I'm a huge fan of Buffy Reimagined 1 & 2. Noticed this wasn't on info. Should we PM for access... or is it not publicly available yet?

Here's a trailer:

Password is: Summers

Enjoy. :)

Unfortunately I can't get this eight-movie-saga ready for christmas. The sixth movie was more difficult to get right than anticipated. Right now I'm at about 85% of the eight and last movie. I think a release is hopefully possible in January.

Just an update:

The eight and last movie is nearing completion, the last 15% are more difficult and timeconsuming than the 85% before, but it's better to take the time to get it right. It's now at 90%.

Finishing it and reexamining the 7 movies before, means I can't get it up and running for this month. :-(

What's the rush?

There's no real rush, but I promised a christmas-release and then a January-release which I can't keep, I feel bad when not able to meet such self-declared deadlines and knowing people have to wait a few weeks longer than expected.

But the waittime will be worth it, if I may say so myself. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom