If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

New Shows
Season two of Dark recently dropped on Netflix. Season one was excellent and I’d think it would be right up the collective alley of this forum. Only problem is it’s so complex that I’m having trouble remembering everything from season one so I’m kind of confused two episodes in to season two. If you watch, make sure you use subtitles and not the dubbed version.
(07-01-2019, 09:52 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: Season two of Dark recently dropped on Netflix. Season one was excellent and I’d think it would be right up the collective alley of this forum. Only problem is it’s so complex that I’m having trouble remembering everything from season one so I’m kind of confused two episodes in to season two. If you watch, make sure you use subtitles and not the dubbed version.

Season one was awesome! (and yeah, watching in German goes without saying). I'm really looking forward to diving into season two, but I probably should do a refresher on what all happened first.
[+] 1 user Likes ThrowgnCpr's post
(07-01-2019, 10:17 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 09:52 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: Season two of Dark recently dropped on Netflix. Season one was excellent and I’d think it would be right up the collective alley of this forum. Only problem is it’s so complex that I’m having trouble remembering everything from season one so I’m kind of confused two episodes in to season two. If you watch, make sure you use subtitles and not the dubbed version.

Season one was awesome! (and yeah, watching in German goes without saying). I'm really looking forward to diving into season two, but I probably should do a refresher on what all happened first.

I read a refresher and I think I probably should just rewatch s1. There’s just too much happening in (what I think is) four different timelines. I just don’t have time to rewatch the whole thing.
yeah, I don't have time to rewatch. That would be ideal, but yeah, no.
(07-01-2019, 10:28 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: yeah, I don't have time to rewatch. That would be ideal, but yeah, no.

If you find a good refresher (particularly with pictures of the characters at their different ages), let me know.
(07-01-2019, 09:52 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: If you watch, make sure you use subtitles and not the dubbed version.

Netflix voice dubbing is so bad, it's ridiculous.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[+] 1 user Likes addiesin's post
I've tried watching a few Netflix dubs (Babylon Berlin, 3%, Dark, and Rain) and they're all so flat and dull.
Tried watching 'Trinkets' the new netflix show about shoplifting teenagers. It's not bad, but it ain't good either. The writers clearly do not understand the culture they're attempting to portray and it feels at times like netflix greenlit the first draft without asking for a rewrite.
I finished season 2 of Dark last night. It definitely raises the bar and exceeded my expectations. I think it's even better than season 1.
[+] 1 user Likes Q2's post
(07-07-2019, 09:17 AM)Q2 Wrote: I finished season 2 of Dark last night. It definitely raises the bar and exceeded my expectations. I think it's even better than season 1.

I’m halfway through. My wife bailed because she wasn’t following it and kept falling asleep. I admit I had to do some serious catching up, reading about what happened in season one and reminding myself who everyone is. I like it quite a bit though. My wife goes out of town tomorrow for a few days so I should be able to finish it up.