If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

DC Universe's Titansverse
Nexflix? I thought it was going to whatever the new DC streaming service is called.
(10-01-2018, 06:09 PM)bionicbob Wrote:

This looks like a still from an SNL sketch on Youtube.  Smile
Well, in new news the first three episodes have garnered akin-to-fantastic reviews.  What do you know… perhaps it will be good.
TITANS had its season finale on the DC Streaming service this week.

While the trailers and promotional material struck me as very unimpressive, the show itself has apparently garnered mostly positive reviews.  So my curiosity level has definitely increased.

Titans will begin airing on Netflix Canada in January.

In the meantime, a teaser trailer for the DOOM PATROL dropped, and it has piqued my interest....

Though why does DC feel the need to push Cyborg into the Patrol?  Two robotic characters?

No word on when or if THE DOOM PATROL may air on alternate services like Netflix.
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(12-23-2018, 07:35 PM)bionicbob Wrote: Though why does DC feel the need to push Cyborg into the Patrol?  Two robotic characters?

Robot man is being played by Brendan Fraser, who's older now than the core cast, so maybe they're doing like a mentor mentee kinda relationship.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
Brendan Fraser and Timothy Dalton in the same show? My interest is piqued.

Does anyone know if it's necessary to have watched "Titans" (which I have no interest in) to fully understand "Doom Patrol"? Or is the latter standalone?
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
(12-25-2018, 12:26 AM)hbenthow Wrote: Brendan Fraser and Timothy Dalton in the same show? My interest is piqued.

It's the Looney Tunes Back In Action reunion we've all been waiting for! Big Grin
(12-25-2018, 12:26 AM)hbenthow Wrote: Brendan Fraser and Timothy Dalton in the same show? My interest is piqued.

Does anyone know if it's necessary to have watched "Titans" (which I have no interest in) to fully understand "Doom Patrol"? Or is the latter standalone?

Though Doom Patrol the team appeared in Titans, to my understanding Cyborg wasn't present and they won't be played by the same people in their own show, so I think they won't share continuity with Titans. It's not super clear right now because the episode of Titans in question is being referred to as a backdoor pilot, and I haven't seen any of it except YouTube previews. It looks like the relationship of Arrow to Smallville to me.
// IdeasIdea Central //

My understanding based on the online clips and articles, while a spin-off from TITANS, it will have its own separate storyline.  Beast Boy is the connective tissue character between Titans and Doom Patrol, similar to how he is in the comics.

It should be noted Fraser only provides the voice of Robotman, he is not in the suit.

Here's a good EW article about what is known about the show....
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/02/doom-patrol...g-we-know/
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(12-25-2018, 03:48 PM)bionicbob Wrote: Here's a good EW article about what is known about the show....
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/02/doom-patrol...g-we-know/

Very interesting. So far, it looks potentially promising, and has a great cast (although I wish Ray Fisher was playing Cyborg). It looks sort of like a weirder, more comical version of the X-Men. The one thing that has me worried is Greg Berlanti's involvement. His shows tend to go downhill in a big way sooner or later (usually sooner).
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!