If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)
maniac, could you edit the mountain between us to turn it into a slasher movie? Big Grin
(12-12-2017, 12:13 PM)Belgarath Wrote: After seeing the following video:

I decided to get and watch Speed Racer (2008) again. I saw it only once the year it was released and it didn't connect with me, even though I was watching and loving the cartoon growing-up. 

Having seen Coco in theaters few days earlier, the themes of family and commitment stuck with me and I found Speed Racer to be really about these things also. 

So yeah, I kinda have more appreciation towards the film. I don't and won't consider it great. But, felt it was nice to revisit.

I think Speed Racer is pretty underrated.
(12-17-2017, 08:19 PM)ssj Wrote: maniac, could you edit the mountain between us to turn it into a slasher movie? Big Grin

If they gave out awards on the internet you would definitely get a nomination from me in the comedy category Big Grin

The Force Awakens, only the second time I've seen it, I thought it went downhill fast after the first 40 minutes on first viewing but liked it a lot more second time around.  Attack of the clones is still the best Star Wars movie though.  Big Grin
The Killing of a Sacred Deer from director Yorgos Lanthimos

Man man man what a brilliant, BRILLIANT horror-thriller this is
It runs for 2 hours and there is not one dull moment in it
Acting, music and most of all the camerawork is outstanding
I don't say anything about the story, you must see it yourself 
And JESS, there will be a fan-edit of this when the Blu-ray comes out
This one is going absolutely in my Blu-ray collection
Fantastic!
Lanthimos's last movie The Lobster was great too, this is top of my 'must see' list now based on your review.
(12-18-2017, 04:22 AM)Sinbad Wrote: Lanthimos's last movie The Lobster was great too, this is top of my 'must see' list now based on your review.

The Lobster was a strange movie. I think I liked it...
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
yep definitely a strange one!

My favourite line of dialogue from it ...

"There's blood and biscuits everywhere!"
(12-18-2017, 01:36 AM)Sinbad Wrote: Attack of the clones is still the worst Star Wars movie though

FTFY
(12-18-2017, 08:38 AM)Masirimso17 Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 01:36 AM)Sinbad Wrote: Attack of the clones is still the worst Star Wars movie though

FTFY

If you take fanedits out of the equation, I think AOTC is the best of the PT. Simply because it's so bad it's hilarious. Whereas Phantom Menace is boring and Revenge of The Sith is basically a cartoon (which I find both boring and unwatchable). But there's something so bloody entertaining about AOTC...
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
(12-18-2017, 08:41 AM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: If you take fanedits out of the equation, I think AOTC is the best of the PT. Simply because it's so bad it's hilarious. Whereas Phantom Menace is boring and Revenge of The Sith is basically a cartoon (which I find both boring and unwatchable). But there's something so bloody entertaining about AOTC...

I disagree. For me, TPM is mediocre, AotC is boring and complete dogshit, and I like Revenge of the Sith and think it's a quite flawed but good movie, best of the PT. Overall, a very mediocre trilogy, but I enjoy I and III.

EDIT: Now someone's going to "FTFY" me, right? Big Grin