If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Doctor Who
[Image: DE7yt-aVoAAhQMi.jpg]
I'm pretty sure Time Lords have two penises.
What if Dr. Who had been created in America.....

Big Grin
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(07-17-2017, 08:24 PM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: I'm pretty sure Time Lords have two penises.

I'm pretty sure Clara and her family would have mentioned something about this.  That, or there's a stereotype about Swedes that I'm unaware of.
"And the more penises you have, the higher your rank! Boys will be boys..."
I have to say that I'm glad I live in Europe. Here it is still possible to have socio-political debates and discuss ideas without the desperate need to fling faeces and engage in ad hominem attacks on whoever has a different opinion. At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.
If anyone feels like engaging on this topic above the level of a toddler in a playpen, feel free to PM me.
Sigh.... this is all a bit heated... but all I can say is that a woman being The Doctor has been discussed ever since Tom Baker was going to regenerate, so it's no biggie.  All I care about is good stories, good acting etc.   Give me some excellent DOctor Who stories, that's all.   

However.. don't get me started on Bond becoming a woman... that's just silly.  If you want to do that, just create a new 00 character who is a woman.  

Good luck Jodie Whittaker... if Chris Chibnall is up to the task, you'll be brilliant I'm sure.
Completed
Last Survivor Completed Edits
Currently Editing
Licence Revoked
(07-18-2017, 02:50 AM)dangermouse Wrote: I have to say that I'm glad I live in Europe. Here it is still possible to have socio-political  debates and discuss ideas without the desperate need to fling faeces and engage in ad hominem attacks on whoever has a different opinion. At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.
If anyone feels like engaging on this topic above the level of a toddler in a playpen, feel free to PM me.

That's not the high road. You're the one slinging insults at fellow members with different opinions, nobody else is doing that. I simply asked you a question.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I just find it interesting how heated everything has gotten because a female was cast in a role that could well be held by any gender.  Just because there has only been male presidents in America doesn't mean we can't have a female at some point.  Same goes with a fictional TV show.  

All in all things have gotten heated over here.  dangermousesorry you aren't happy with the casting of the new Doctor.  You of course don't have to be happy about it and you've shared your views on it.  Hopefully you'll give her a chance when the show comes back and maybe she'll win you over.  While I certainly don't agree with your views on it, it is your opinion and hopefully once Jodie takes the stage, your concerns will be put to rest.
(07-18-2017, 02:50 AM)dangermouse Wrote: At least now I understand why America voted in an ape as a president.

Just to let you know, the majority of us did not vote for him.

And now an on topic post of a fantastic actress who embraces the doctor the way I do.
[Image: 3772908.jpg]