If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Some clips stutter after render, some don't - please help
(11-06-2018, 09:13 AM)addiesin Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 08:52 AM)thecuddlyninja Wrote: Since you already have MakeMKV just use that to create a Vegas-compliant file. Instead of using it to rip an mkv file which you then have to do a container switch to mp4, just click to 'make a copy' in MakeMKV. This will output an m2ts file instead of an mkv and you can edit it in Vegas.

That is my choice of software and editing format as well. Never heard of AVC before.

This is blowing my mind as well.

So I did the "Make Backup" (to the other poster, you have to -not- click the icon of the disc to open it. Allow MakeMKV to scan the disc, but then instead of opening the disc, in the icons above you can click "Make Backup". This generates the m2ts files.

Cuddly - however, I'm trying to open the main m2ts file in Vegas, and it's only opening the audio files. It's telling me "This file has no video".

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I just realized I selected the "Decrypt video files" option before making the backup. I'm going to run it again, without checking that box, to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks so much for this help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some clips stutter after render, some don't - please help - by bbshopplf - 11-06-2018, 10:02 AM