If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Interesting and unusual DVD/Blu-Ray releases (News)
Update on this one:

(04-09-2019, 05:56 PM)TM2YC Wrote: I cannot believe it's taken 17-years for the anarchic cult-classic '24 Hour Party People' to get an HD upgrade (in June). The cover boasts 4.5 hours of bonus material. I know there are a lot of deleted scenes but will they also be in HD?:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NN3FJ3G/

[Image: 819gBE03LUL._SX385_.jpg]

Luckily I haven't bought it yet because the reviews are saying things like "the worst blu-ray ever released". Turns out the film was shot on SD video in the first place, so full HD was never an option. It would've been nice if they'd put a 35mm print scan on the blu-ray instead of trying to upscale the SD video.

I just had a look at my old 2003 DVD and it's pretty heavy with digital compression and blocking (on top of the soft picture), so the new 50GB blu-ray might still be a nice upgrade. I'll wait and see if I can pick it up cheap.
[+] 1 user Likes TM2YC's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting and unusual DVD/Blu-Ray releases (News) - by TM2YC - 06-19-2019, 06:24 AM
King Kong Ultimate Edition Blu Ray - by spence - 02-24-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: King Kong Ultimate Edition Blu Ray - by TM2YC - 02-25-2017, 01:40 AM