• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Expendables III

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who cares:

Harrison Ford is part of it now. (Willis is out, according to Sly)
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63589

I must say that Mel (Gibson, he's in it right? Was it just a rumor?) + Harrison + Sly + Arnold in the same movie = me in theater. They know it, I know it, I know they know it.

Okay, so they have released their THIRD trailer, and I gotta admit, this one has won me over.
I am actually feeling excited to see this installment. Looks like a good balance between the two tones of the previous films, with a lot more emphasis on old school fun. :)

it's also been confirmed that this one will be pg-13, my excitement for the film dropped. though the trailer doe's look good

[video=youtube_share;KHpPVYJkaMs]

Yeah, I'm not crazy about them toning down the violence. Still, if they keep the same low-drama, over the top approach to the action as they did in the second film, it still might work. I'm more disappointed by the lack of Jackie Chan. They said he was going to be in this one, but that no longer seems to be the plan. Oh, well. We'll always have the Trio trailer.

Call me skeptical about seeing a bunch of geezers and old farts bouncing about.
On the other hand - -
A clever editor could subvert the whole film with diabolical product placement ads.

k9ca2u.jpg

I want R-rated Bonds, please.

I imagine there'll be an unrated alternate home release.

The only difference this time is they won't be CGI'ing in blood like they did the first time, and tone the language down a bit. Other than that, it'll probably not be significantly different from the first two.

I'm a little crest fallen that Jackie isnt in the movie as well, but who knows, he just might have an uncredited cameo.

Hymie said:
The only difference this time is they won't be CGI'ing in blood like they did the first time...

The only thing I hope for is that it isn't going to be all cgi like in part 2. Every kill was cgi, a tank was cgi, wall falling down, etc.

leeroy said:
[video=youtube_share;KHpPVYJkaMs]

Never thought I'd say this but... FUCK YOU Sylvester Stallone. He better not come up to me on the streets giving me shit, cause I'll drop that motherfucker.

Never thought I'd say this but... FUCK YOU Sylvester Stallone. He better not come up to me on the streets giving me shit, cause I'll drop that motherfucker.

lol you tell me him rogue, what pissed me off was that i just fought it would be r rated given the previous two and the massive reaction the second film got when they said it would be pg-13. i understand the studio wanting to make their money back and make profit but outside of the U.S. you could easily make it more violent and more foul language and still bring in the same amount of money.

Just returned from the matinee....

First off, the movie is completely predictable and action movie formula.

But with that said, I found it very enjoyable. In fact, I think I enjoyed it best of the 3 movies.

The cast is massive, and the story struggles at times to juggle them all and it is not entirely successful.
The first act is basically the Old Expendables, the second act is the Expendables the Next Generation, and then the third act is them all together.

Jet Li is little more than a cameo in the end. He has even less to do than the second movie. They did not even give him a brief martial arts gag.

Wesley Snipes was AWESOME! Great to see him back in action. He has not lost a beat.

Antonio Banderas was a complete surprise! He was HILARIOUS! I loved him.

Harrison Ford replaces Bruce Willis and does his now standard grumpy old man routine. Though he has some funny lines about Stratham that made me howl.

Kelsey Grammar was great in his small role as the new team recruiter.

The new generation of Expendables were good, but the Old Guard out shine them considerably and it is clear why they are/were the stars they are.

Arnold was Arnold... though I think he looked more fit this time, maybe shaping up for the new Terminator and Conan movies?

Strangely, I thought Mel Gibson was just okay. His performance felt a bit phoned in. He never achieved the CRAZY INSANE LETHAL WEAPON Mel that the script called for. He definitely did not bring the same fun menace that JCVD did in the last one.

I think the movie would have benefited by being a R rating instead of PG-13. And based on how many of the action scenes were shot and cut, I expect we will get an Unrated DVD edition later on.

So I would give the movie a 7 out of 10 but it is a good fun seven. Too bad the movie seems to be bombing at the box office, because I would love to see another sequel or two from these guys. :)

Yeah, I'd be pretty darn surprised if there were no unrated cut...

bionicbob said:
Antonia Bandarias was a complete surprise! He was HILARIOUS! I loved him.

Who the frap is Antonia Bandarias? :lol:

Banderas+smokes+in+Barcelona+0-0eLwWqImyl.jpg

The Expendables producers have been teasing for a while that they want to make a spin off movie featuring an all female team, so leave it to Asylum to beat them to the punch... LOL....

I've seen this movie last week.
I agree with Bob, very pleasant surprise.
In fact it was the movie I wanted to see when I watched the other two. It just took them third movies to make it right.
Although it's of course predictable and not a piece of art it is the only of the three that I could see myself buying on bluray.

bionicbob said:
The Expendables producers have been teasing for a while that they want to make a spin off movie featuring an all female team, so leave it to Asylum to beat them to the punch... LOL....

I won't lie, it looks pretty good (in a fun BAD action movie sort of way). I like that they have a former Terminator in the group along with 2 Tarantino ladies fighting Stallone's ex-wife. I don't know the 4th member of the Mercenaries, even after checking her IMDB page I can't say I've really remembered her from the few things I've seen that she was in. Nonetheless, this trailer as me kinda interested.

musiced921 said:
I won't lie, it looks pretty good (in a fun BAD action movie sort of way). I like that they have a former Terminator in the group along with 2 Tarantino ladies fighting Stallone's ex-wife. I don't know the 4th member of the Mercenaries, even after checking her IMDB page I can't say I've really remembered her from the few things I've seen that she was in. Nonetheless, this trailer as me kinda interested.

I thought something similar when I saw the trailer a few weeks ago.
I tracked it down and I watched it.
I'm kind of torn on it.
On one shoulder there's an angel saying I should warn people that it's actually a lot worse than you'd think even The Asylum are capable of making with a cast as... erm... promising as they had. A lot worse.
But on the other shoulder there's a little devil who likes to watch men become rapidly disappointed and die of alcohol poisoning while trying to consume enough moonshine to make this movie watchable.

I won't say don't watch it. But you'll more than likely need dialysis 3 times a week for quite some time to recover from it, if you do. My skin's gone a nice shade of Homer Simpson. IMHO it's a new low for The Asylum

Thank goodness they were trusted by Syfy to make a zombie show! They must clearly know what they are doing to try and go up against the likes of The Walking Dead!

Back
Top Bottom