• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Highlander II - The Quickening - The Extended Zeist Version

Mitch

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tagline: More Zeist

original film name: Highlander II - The Quickening
new film name : Highlander II - The Quickening - The Extended Zeist Version
film studio name : Repbulic Pictures
edit crew name : Phineasbg and Nighthawks
Date Original Film Was Released : 1990
Date Edit Was Released : August 2008
Original Runtime : 89 Mins
New Runtime : 120
Amount of time Cut/Added : 31 mins added
Fanedit details : This cut is about 11 minutes longer than the Renegade release and a full 31 Minutes longer than the original American theatrical version. It has elements of the American Version, The Renegade Version, and the European Version.
It has the original special effects with orange shield, and contains the fairytale ending. It retains the references to planet Zeist. In many scenes it contains different and/or longer dialogue and in many places, different music.

Your intention for this fanedit: Was to create longest possible Highlander II.
This is the MOST COMPLETE version of Highlander II: The Quickening you will ever have!

Time needed for the edition: 1 year
persons involved: Phineasbg and Oldbiff

preview_EZV_by_phineasbg.jpg

DVD5 has been re-uploaded to Rapidshare, since the current RS links are set to Private. DLC submitted to Info.

Necro-Edit: Those links are dead.

It still confounds me as to why you would create an extended edition of one of the worst films of all time. It's like getting an extended edition of Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Not to bash the hard work that went into this, of course.

I want an extended edition of Plan 9! ;-)

Neglify said:
DVD5 has been re-uploaded to Rapidshare, since the current RS links are set to Private. DLC submitted to Info.

I might be completely dense and am missing it completely, but where can I download this?
Thanks in advance!! I've been waiting for this my whole life!

Neglify said:

I might be completely dense and am missing it completely, but where can I download this?
Can someone please message me a link? Thanks in advance!! I've been waiting for this my whole life!

[MENTION=29210]linotheundead[/MENTION] please read the links for the rules and using this site at the top of most every page.

TV's Frink said:
linotheundead please read the links for the rules and using this site at the top of most every page.
I did Frink, and it says requesting a link is fine, but that such matters should then be addressed within a private message, which they have been. But thanks for that.

Read closer.

3. Do not ask for download links to fanedits outside of private messages or the “Trades and Requests” Forum.

I'm a very big apologetic fan of all things Highlander!

Of course I REALLY, really love the original Highlander but I still find someting to like in every incarnation, except the horrible Higlander: The Source. I have every DVD, except this turd, and still watch all of them.

I always thought that the Zeist origin was really a bad idea, but putting them in the distant past cause also a lot of illogical situations. That being said, I'm really curious to see your extended edit!!!

Count me in!

TV's Frink said:

I think Skyflix meant he doesn't own 'Highlander: The Source' (It isn't worded very clearly IMO)... unless the FE rule actually means that we all need to own a copy of 5th Highlander movie! :lol:

SpoonyOne-HighlanderTheSourceReview161.jpg

Oh, I see now. Well, we can all use the reminder from time to time. ;)

I own every Higlander movies DVD, except The Source.
Sorry for the misundersanting. :)

here is highlander the source in 5 mins and it is the only version i can sit threw if i really have to

SKYflix said:
I always thought that the Zeist origin was really a bad idea, but putting them in the distant past cause also a lot of illogical situations. That being said, I'm really curious to see your extended edit!!!

I actually think the time travel origin makes even less sense. At least on Zeist, time is still progressing in parallel to Earth (perhaps at a slower rate?). Katana's impatience for Connor's death at least works in that context. Being impatient for the results of something happening thousands of years in the future that would presumably have manifested themselves immediately? Wha? I think the producers/director/whoever tried to fix Highlander 2 misunderstood the reason for the complaints. It wasn't because the Immortals were aliens - it's because they were given a backstory that completely contradicted the first movie.

This is a quality fan edit. It collects everything that doesn't conflict with the original version. It's still a terrible movie, but it's every bit as terrible as intended. Or something like that.

I rented 'Highlander II' sooo many times from the video store when I was a nipper and loved it. But I haven't tried watching it since incase it sucks as bad I suspect it does. I fondly remember the hoverboard swordfight sequence and Ramirez getting fitted for a suit.

i still regard highlander 2 as the best sequel in the franchise, love the scene when we see MacLeod young again

GOD! This... doesn't... make... any... sense!
But your right , this is the only version barely watchable. :)

Back
Top Bottom