• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Meeting up in the real world

femast.png

Hell yes. Never thought I'd get a second chance to use this dumb picture.

i don't see how that's a problem.

:p

Back on topic:

Well my trip to New York did not only mark the first time of Sunarep setting foot on American Soil it was also my first faneditor meeting with Njvc.

Initially it was one of the more bizarre experiences.
Waiting at a public place at a certain time, wearing yellow trousers to be easily spotted...
Not sure if Njvc was an actual person or some internet program like neglify...
then the dialogue:
"Hey are you Sunarep?"
"Yes.. Njvc?"

And i fully expected the next questions to be:

"you got the stuff?"
"you got the cash?"

But then I must say it was an incredibly pleasant day.
Njvc and Mrs. Njvc being some of the nicest people I have met in recent times.
The cool thing about fanediting is that people are connecting even faster than they do when they wait in line for tickets for a movie premiere - usually if you line up for a movie you immediately start discussing about why you are as excited as the rest and you can immediately talk about everything.

but fanediting cuts even deeper. It is a kind of crazy lifestyle-mentality-disorder where you need no establishing of anything. you know the board, the edits, so you dive into things you thought you'd never discuss offline

1) what are the strengths of individual faneditors?
2) who do you want to meet in real life?
3) is neglify really THAT nuts?
4) is neglify seriously THAT nuts?
5) what fanedits to watch?

Fanedits are a very personal thing, hence the reason we always describe our edits to make people understand our intentions but when you talk face to face it gets even more personal and interesting.

every single editing choice is much more interesting once the editor explains his reasonings and watching workprints together on a laptop while Mrs. Njvc is the most understanding woman a faneditor can wish for (seriously two grown up men staring at a screen where strange music that does not fit into star wars is playing? ... craaaaazy :p )

Let's just say that I felt meeting for jsut one day isn't nearly enough time!

thanks again to njvc especially when it comes to tolerating my sudden stephen king freakouts

my sudden stephen king freakouts
that right there sounds like a fun story
(King being one of my go-to authors. probably not my favorite anymore, but certainly my most consistently visited.)

baileym43 said:
that right there sounds like a fun story
(King being one of my go-to authors. probably not my favorite anymore, but certainly my most consistently visited.)

The day had been going quite well when sunarep turned into a giant spider. Seriously didn't see that one coming.

njvc said:
The day had been going quite well when sunarep turned into a giant spider. Seriously didn't see that one coming.
was it a shitty looking stop motion spider?

njvc said:

This, kids, is why you don't drop substance D.

njvc said:

As a Stephen King fan I take offense at this reference.

Here, let me fix it for you.

The day had been going quite well when sunarep fell into the dead lights. Seriously didn't see that one coming. Thankfully the Turtle was there to guide him out.

Or...

The day had been going quite well when sunarep turned into the dead lights. Seriously didn't see that one coming.

but for real neg, we were strolling by turtleback lane "dat hammarskjöld plaza" and I had to take a picture of the turtle by any means necessary!!!!

and then the spiders attacked

Oh man, when I visited NYC a couple years ago you bet your ass I visited the vacant lot. I think I lost all my pictures though. I'll try to find them.

Sunarep and Neg in NYC = Go to a place from Books 6 + 7. "Ok, so this happened here." Spend 3 hours discussing Dark Tower while standing on a street corner.

^
we should totally do this!

yeah it was pretty much Ka.

I told Njvc that I didn't find the turtle the first time and wanted to go back and then "by accident" we wound up exactly at the vacant lot... if that is not Ka I will stop believing in the religion of Stephen King :p

Would anyone come to a fanedit convention? I don't have much to offer except a nice projector and a killer breakfast.

Is your transporter working yet, and if so, do you have cookies?

reave said:
Would anyone come to a fanedit convention? I don't have much to offer except a nice projector and a killer breakfast.

would definitely be there if at/near your place.

If blueyoda pays for my flight, I'm there.

Neglify said:
If blueyoda pays for my flight, I'm there.

If Neg pays for my flight, I'm there.

bam, Gato-ed.

Back
Top Bottom