• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hurricane Sandy

nightstalkerpoet said:
Sorry Juice... There can only be 1 Neg and 1 Frink. The rest of us are expected to be respectable and such...

I would never post something like that. I'm tempted to remove it.

nightstalkerpoet said:
Sorry Juice... There can only be 1 Neg and 1 Frink. The rest of us are expected to be respectable and such...

Aw snap. Took me a few minutes to realize this was a full on diss of Neg and Frink.

Now I feel like an ass... I completely unintentionally derailed this thread. :doh: Hope everyone is doing okay still.

nusyzene.jpg

It is crazy seeing the street's like that. Mother nature is a bitch.

To neg: yup only one me, death to all juice is right :p

To Fink: glad you didn't, it isn't necessary or warnted.

To nsp: you can blame me

Hey at least non of them are shooting at the people trying to help them

rejyqyda.jpg

Time to wetsuit up?

Limited train service and some subway service has been restored. That's good.

My school has canceled classes through Sunday, but says that administrative staff should come in if possible. That means me. Given the location of the school and the limited service, it's going to be tough for me to make it in. It may be even tougher for several of my coworkers, including my boss, who live in Brooklyn. I have an e-mail in to my boss asking what he recommends, but I have no idea if he has any way of reading the e-mail, or even if he and my coworkers are safe. That's not good.

My train line has been restored, as has the subway I take to work (or at least it's been restored to a few stops below where I work -- south of that, it's still out). My parents also have power now, thanks to an awesome electrician who is a family friend and to Laramie Bethers and his entire crew from Pine Valley Power all the way from Draper, UT!

There's still along way to go up here, and we got hit a lot less than many in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Jersey. But things are finally mostly OK for my family and me, and I hope everyone else can get back to at least semi-normal soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom