• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pizza toppings

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What are your favorites? If you could only have one topping on a pizza what would it be (yeah, yeah, i know "cheese" :p)? What are your favorite pairings or combos of toppings? Also, for research purposes, if you were ordering a pizza with two toppings and one of the toppings was pepperoni, what would the other one be?

I like my Pizza with a big green diamond in the middle.

Gatos said:
What are your favorites?

The usual stuff. Pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapples, ham, jalapenos.

Gatos said:
If you could only have one topping on a pizza what would it be (yeah, yeah, i know "cheese" :p)?

Sausage.

Gatos said:
What are your favorite pairings or combos of toppings?

Pineapple and Ham. Mushrooms and jalapenos.

Gatos said:
Also, for research purposes, if you were ordering a pizza with two toppings and one of the toppings was pepperoni, what would the other one be?

Ham.

Rogue-theX said:
I like my Pizza with a big green diamond in the middle.

Must be a Canadian thing :-D

the_worst_pizza_cooking_ever_640_06.jpg
pizza.bmp

I like pepperoni (real, not turkey), bacon (real, not turkey), jalapenos, paprika, cajun spices, and chili powder.

I don't like mushrooms.

I'm fine with olives but don't care for them.

Those Mushrooms are vicious, mindless monsters. :p

I had a Pesto Lovers yesterday with Grilled chicken breast, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, and artichoke hearts on a bed of basil garlic pesto sauce, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and topped with gourmet cheese blend. One of the better pizzas I've had in awhile.

Gatos said:
What are your favorites? If you could only have one topping on a pizza what would it be (yeah, yeah, i know "cheese" :p)? What are your favorite pairings or combos of toppings? Also, for research purposes, if you were ordering a pizza with two toppings and one of the toppings was pepperoni, what would the other one be?

The basics, sausage, pepperoni, onion, mushroom, green pepper. One topping only, hmmm. Sausage or pepperoni. Pepperoni or sausage. Hmmm. OK, I'll go with sausage. Favorite pairing, sausage & mushroom. Pepperoni goes with green pepper.

I liked this:

Around the world, pizza toppings vary greatly, reflecting regional tastes, local foods, and cultural preferences. Take a look at some of the toppings that stack pizzas around the world.

1. India -- pickled ginger, minced mutton, and paneer (a form of cottage cheese)

2. Russia -- mockba (a combination of sardines, tuna, mackerel, salmon, and onions), red herring

3. Brazil -- green peas

4. Japan -- eel, squid, and Mayo Jaga (mayonnaise, potato, bacon)

5. France -- flambée (bacon, onion, fresh cream)

6. Pakistan -- curry

7. Australia -- shrimp, pineapple, barbecue sauce

8. Costa Rica -- coconut

Anyone for eel curry flambée? :oops:

I find a lot depends on the base but my favourite combination is Pepperoni, Green Pepper and Ham + Pesto or Italian seasoning + Four Cheese. Chicken Madras Curry Pizza is also pretty awesome.

One topping? Pepperoni of course or a really good Margherita

My ideal pizza toppings are sausage, black olives, mushrooms, and light green peppers and onions. I'm weird in that I only like mushrooms if they are really, really, dry. I can't stand slimy fungus. :p
My favorite pairing has to be sausage and black olives. Mmm.....
Only one topping, SAUSAGE. I do like pepperoni, but sausage beats it out any day.

Gatos said:

Favorites: sausage, hamburger, black olive, mushroom.

Only one topping: sausage.

Pairings: either sausage, black olive and mushroom, or hamburger, black olive and mushroom.

Pepperoni and sausage.

Anchovies and capers.

slightly off-topic:

my current faves are mr. pizza and lucifers pizza. former puts shrimp on its pies and korean sweet potato in its crust and charges you $35 for the pleasure; the latter will burn the average person's face off.

Beef Sizzler from Dominos, or Beef Mexicano from Pizza Hut. Both as hot as you like, and tasty as anything. Nuff said.

JetSetWilly said:
...Dominos...or...Pizza Hut...Both...tasty as anything

This is nothing personal. Obviously tastes differ. So this is just one man's opinion. But this was pretty much my reaction to your post:

I usually enjoy pepperonis and anchovies (not together, of course), and I'm not big on peppers, olives, or fruit. One time I was in Hawaii I had a Pizza that used peanut thai sauce instead of tomato sauce and got BBQ chicken as a topping and it was delicious! Yet to have had it since, though.

Also, maybe off topic, but James Rolfe (the guy who does the Angry Video Game Nerd) once got all his friends together to try all the pizza toppings suggested in the 80s/90s TMNT cartoon.

I actually wouldn't mind trying marshmallows on pizza.

Gatos said:
This is nothing personal. Obviously tastes differ. So this is just one man's opinion. But this was pretty much my reaction to your post:

That did actually make me laugh.

Gatos said:
What are your favorites?

I'm not picky when it comes to pizza toppings. I'll eat my pizza with just about anything except for ham, pineapple, or anchovies. My favorite type of pizza though is the Greek pizza (tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, red onions, oregano, green peppers).

Gatos said:
If you could only have one topping on a pizza what would it be (yeah, yeah, i know "cheese" :p)?

I'm not a fan of single topping pizza, but if I had to choose just one I'd probably go with mushrooms or broccoli.

Gatos said:
What are your favorite pairings or combos of toppings?

See my first answer.

Gatos said:
Also, for research purposes, if you were ordering a pizza with two toppings and one of the toppings was pepperoni, what would the other one be?

Not a big fan of pepperoni on my pizza so I'd never order a pizza with pepperoni and another topping. I love eating it as is, but find it loses some of its flavor when baked on a pizza.

Back
Top Bottom