• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sony Movie Studio 12 Issues

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all. Sorry to bother you, but I just got done burning my first edit with Sony Movie Studio 12 and need some help.

I did a basic burn with just the film - no menus. It's worked fine, quality is decent... but the timecode is present to entire way through. Didn't think about this possibility for a second honestly. There must surely be an option to turn this off but google has failed me. Any pointers guys?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure that this goes in DVD Authoring, as I suspect it's a Vegas issue instead. But I'll leave it here for now.

I've never heard of this happening before. What is your workflow? How did you render/encode and what did you use to burn?

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was me being an idiot afterall. The time code was part of that particular file for some reason. Re-ripped and all is well.

As for the section posted, I figured it was likely something added to the file when I burnt it to DVD. Obviously it's moot now, sorry bout this waste of thread :(

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a new problem, and definitely not my own stupidity this time (maybe lol). Trying to burn my edit with Movie Studio but it keeps failing with this notification:

fails_zpsdd155c68.jpg

ANyone know why this might be the case?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved and renamed.

Why/what are you trying to burn in Vegas? Unless you don't care about the quality, you're better off rendering out, encoding, and then simply making the disc with igmburn.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers for the response/correction.

To be honest, I was burning with Movie Studio cause I thought it'd be easier to go straight from edit to disc. I have seperate mpg/aac files for the edit I've made but I don't know of software that'll burn that as a playable disc. Picked up a few programs online and no joy.

The first time I used Movie Studio to burn I had no trouble but it's just refused to work from then on. Hoping it's not my hardware.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Burning with Studio might be easier but from what I understand it ain't pretty. What source are you working with?

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Burning with Studio might be easier but from what I understand it ain't pretty. What source are you working with?

I'm editing a dvdrip, vob converted into mp4. The edit was surprisingly simple, but making a hard copy is kicking my ass.

I've had no success rendering the edit into a useful format. Both avi and mp4 renders have come out without sound for some reason. Can't simply burn a dvd from movie studio (honestly not too bothered about quality). What I do have is seperate mpg and aac files for the film for the video and audio respectively, which were automatically created when Movie Studio attempted to burn a disc. I have no idea how to progress from here. Is there any software that could merge to two into a burnable single file, or better still a program that will burn these files straight onto a playable DVD?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can never remember which of the various muxing programs work with what, but the ones I use quite a bit are imagoMpegMuxer, MuxMan, and tsmuxer.

Having said that, I'd highly recommend trying a different workflow, because I'm pretty sure you lose quality converting to mp4. I'd follow boon's guide to get a lagarith avi file to work with in Vegas.
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?2493-Boon-s-guide-to-fanediting-with-Sony-Vegas

Once you're done editing, I'd render back out as a lagarith avi and then encode to a DVD-compliant mpeg-2 using Captain K's guide:
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...-Khajiit-s-Basic-Guide-to-Encoding-with-HCenc

You can render out the audio separate as an ac3 (again, I think aac is lossy) and then mux your final video file with the ac3 by using MuxMan - it will give you vob files that can be burned to disc with imgburn.

I know this sounds complicated but the guides are excellent and give results that will be equal to your source.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was just about to say everything Frink just said.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Darn, another 5 minutes wasted.

Top Bottom