• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Just to rescue this thread from the abyss... Battle Cat's been in town for the last few weeks but you're no longer allowed to sit on him since some drunken student (is there any other kind?) broke off one of his horny bits
394659_397361503662194_465679232_n.jpg

TomH1138 said:
Nice, ghoul! Where's that at?

Northampton in the UK (about 70 miles North from where they're doing the Olympics). They've set him up outside the town hall/council HQ

Is it religious art?

:-D

aswell as getting vandalised, battle cat made the local paper after being caught with some guy riding him... erm... bareback. Personally I thought it was really disrespectful to whoever made the statue, and you don't really want some guys blue veined piccolo resting on your back when you're trying to look all fierce an' shit

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...red-faced-by-naked-battle-cat-stunt-1-4019990

does that count as a thread hijack? Sorry if it does

3109964257.jpg

Ick. Creepy.

But nonetheless not about G.I. Joe, so it counts! :D

So you want Orko in. So you want Cringer in. So you want me out.

I wonder if they'd make Skeletor completely cgi, or would they create the look with make-up effects?

Frantic Canadian said:
I wonder if they'd make Skeletor completely cgi, or would they create the look with make-up effects?

Good question but that reminds me that if im not mistaken the orginal master of the universe was one of the first movies to use after credit scene to promote a possible sequel. Given in he-man's case he never Got that sequel. But i still dont remember a movie before that that used after credits for another scene.

juice4z0 said:
Good question but that reminds me that if im not mistaken the orginal master of the universe was one of the first movies to use after credit scene to promote a possible sequel. Given in he-man's case he never Got that sequel. But i still dont remember a movie before that that used after credits for another scene.

I haven't seen the movie in years, and I don't think I ever stuck around until the very end of the credits, so I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that there was an actual post-credits scene promoting a future He-Man movie, or just text on screen saying that "He-Man will be back in..."? If all we're talking about is text then they used to, maybe they still do, do that with the James Bond movies. And if I'm not mistaken Kevin Smith did the same thing with his Jay & Silent Bob movies, I know I've seen it on at least one of his movie anyways.

It was a scene of skeletor popping out of the lava. It was super short but it was awesome at the time.

juice4z0 said:
It was a scene of skeletor popping out of the lava. It was super short but it was awesome at the time.

Don't remember that. In a sense it's kinda like the scene at the end of Jason Goes To Hell where, after Jason has been dragged down Hell, Freddy's gloved hand pops out and grabs Jason mask, which has been left on the surface. And just look at how long it took for them to finally make Freddy Vs. Jason.

IMDB said:
Director Albert Pyun had planned to film a sequel to 'Masters of the Universe' (with professional surfer Laird John Hamilton replacing Dolph Lundgren as He-Man) at the same time as Spider-Man. Right before filming was to begin, Mattel and Marvel revoked the rights to both properties due to non-payment by Cannon Films. Cannon was reaching their end as a company at the time, as a result of the 1987 stock market crash on junk bonds (which Cannon had used extensively to finance films) and poor overall financial management. In order to recoup some of the money spent on sets, costumes and props from both intended films, Cannon had Pyun quickly get a script written, Cyborg, for one of Cannon's promising new action stars, Jean-Claude Van Damme; although Pyun had Cannon regular, Chuck Norris, in mind to star at first. There has been some confusion over the years in some TV listings for Cyborg, with it being billed as 'Masters of the Universe 2: Cyborg'. This lead some to speculate that the script for the proposed sequel had been rewritten for Cyborg. In reality it was due to the connection of both productions during the demise of the Cannon Films studio.

Yeah, the studio basically killed production while the final battle scene was filmed. MOTU's popularity quickly dropped off in 87 and the toy line was basically over as well. New Adventures never really caught on, and we went a decade without new entertainment.

For those with ideas about what is necessary for a live action film, I think it can get by without Orko or a talking Battle Cat, but there are many elements that should remain IMO such as Skeletor, Sorceress, Castle Grayskull, the kingdom of Eternia, etc.

You know what would be cool? If a new movie was a straight-up sequel to the 1987 film.

. . . Whoops. I mean, what would not be cool in any way whatsoever. :p

TomH1138 said:
You know what would be cool? If a new movie was a straight-up sequel to the 1987 film.

+1. I loved the original (cheesy as it was, I found it enjoyable), and would love to see a proper follow up. Actually, me and my mate were talking about this a few months ago, about who could replace Dolph in the main role, and I felt, and still feel, that Chris Hemsworth would make a good He-Man.

Jeez, Gosling again? People are so unimaginative with these ideas. It's just whoever they saw recently in something good, whether they're right for it or not.

Back
Top Bottom