• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

You know you're a fan editor when . . .

...when you've seen the Star Wars prequels, in various forms, more times than some of your favorite movies.

YES! So true.

...when you press the New Posts button every five minutes.

Ooh. Yeah, I'm guilty there, too. :)

...when you look at the dvd's at garage/yard sales and only buy the ones you think could be fan edited or ones you know have fanedits of already.

So many of these ring true, and I'll add this:

When you're not satisfied with the video you shot of your best friend's first dance at her wedding, so you track down the original song, sync it up to the video, color correct the whole thing, reduce noise, and repost it to her as a remastered version.

Yep, I just did that...I essentially fanedited my own video. I'm simultaneously proud of the result and kind of embarrassed at the amount of work I put into something that she and her husband loved before I did all that extra work...:oops:

Just don't supress the original version! ;)

...when you feel sad and disappointed when your friends and co-workers don't get excited when you talk about fanediting. :-(

...when you learn to stop talking about fanedits in the waking world.

2ah6qo5.jpg

When it's 4 am, you're looking at your screen and there is no Astroglide in sight.

When after you finish your first edit, you discover you were fired from your job for not coming into work all last month.

Nic Sticinski said:
When after you finish your first edit, you discover you were fired from your job for not coming into work all last month.

I hope this is just hypothetical, and not something that happened to you. :(

Frantic Canadian said:
I hope this is just hypothetical, and not something that happened to you. :(

Well, if he did not go to work for one month because he was fanediting, then I could understand he got fired.

TMBTM said:
Well, if he did not go to work for one month because he was fanediting, then I could understand he got fired.

I could definitely understand that, I was just saying that I hope the whole situation was hypothetical and that he didn't actually skip work for a whole month because he was fan editing and got fired because of it.

Gatos said:
When you're looking for a scene of Natalie Portman in bed

I think this is not fanedito-related. It's more MAN related :p
hahaha

TomH1138 said:
The first question you have about any movie is, “What deleted scenes are there for me to work with?”

So true :-D

Don't worry, this didn't really happen. I was just trying to be funny.

I think it fell flat. Perhaps a ;) would be in order next time it isn't April 1.

Don't worry, at least I'm happy that it's not true :)

I'm just gonna go ahead and add another obvious duh response.

You know you're a faneditor when...

you fanedit something.

Neglify said:
I'm just gonna go ahead and add another obvious duh response.

You know you're a faneditor when...

you fanedit something.

Isn't that basically what you said here?:

Neglify said:
You have a FanEditor badge.

Frantic Canadian said:
Isn't that basically what you said here?:

Neglify said:
You have a FanEditor badge.

Well, to be fair, this new idea is even more basic. There are thousands of people who have fanedited something, but don't have a faneditor badge. Just search "Mashup" in YouTube.

Rogue-theX said:
@ neg:
Don't Try So Hard

You just described the Neglify method.

L.A. Confidential Recut... 6 cuts = FEOTM.

freddieking.jpg

Ah nuts, I thought this was an "Off Topic" thread. FINE.

"You Know You're A Faneditor When..."

You check to make sure no TMBTM or L8wrtr Star Wars edits are coming out any time soon because you want people to see your edit as well.

Back
Top Bottom