• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Avengers

Omaru1982 said:
the only problems I had was that (as far as I paid attention)
nothing was said of Rhodey's absence or Thors friends, you'd think given the Enemy they'd have come along too. Also when Tony said "Banner it's an honor to meet you"

Re: the absence of more Asgardians, Loki said shortly after Thor first shows up that Odin must have had to muster a huge amount of Dark Energy for him to cross over now that the Bifrost bridge is destroyed. Most likely it was barely enough for one traveler.

Re: Rhodey not showing up, yeah it doesnt make a lot of sense based on what Iron Man 2 established. A mention explaining whats up with him would have been nice.

:) Oh and I had no issues with the Party line, its typical Whedon tension release humor.

The Only Line I had a problem with was:

The Galaga Line! I am looking at it as a comic fan and even a little but of humor is always injected there as well, the Galaga Line was a but far for me.

I too would have liked a line about where War Machine was at!

I would have nerd-gasmed if a similar line as this was in the movie.

tumblr_m0ulxvPcPD1qzzjy1.jpg

yads said:
I agree about the Black Widow "party" line - I also would have taken out a couple of RDJ jokes. The balance between Whedon-isms and the established tone of the MCU was almost perfect, but maybe 5% more serious and less jokey would have been better. The Hulk comedy though was A+.

I liked the party line but it wasn't necessary. I think they should have explained more how Thor got there. As for the whole hulk controlling, Bruce lost control on the helicarrier when he touched loki's staff i think since he didn't realize he had picked it up. It probably did something to him. I also would have liked to hear every character's specific theme/score from their films. For example, when hulk first transforms i wanted to either hear 03's theme or a variation of it like they did in 08. It would have made the movie's score so much better. Might do that in a fan edit once a dvd finally comes out.

Most enjoyable goddamn movie I've seen for ages, frigging rocked! loved each and every second of it.

I'm not so sure how good it'll be on a second viewing but first time was kick ass.

Okay, I will finally be seeing this Friday. Really excited. I can't believe it was four years ago today that I saw Iron Man, stayed after the credits, and was promised by SLJ there would be an Avengers movie. And now it's finally here. And I can't wait!

I've been avoiding this thread because I don't want spoilers, but I have a question to ask. My local theater is offering both the 3D version and the 2D version. Which one should I choose. Just to be clear my theater only charges a dollar extra for 3D. Is it worth the extra buck?

Been reading on multiple sites today that the US release has not one, but two post-credits scenes. Apparently, one stops the credits in the middle, and it seems like the movie is over. Then more credits, then a true post-credits scene. More material for fanedits, and a little extra movie for your money (provided they're US dollars, that is).

DominicCobb said:
My local theater is offering both the 3D version and the 2D version. Which one should I choose. Just to be clear my theater only charges a dollar extra for 3D. Is it worth the extra buck?

According to g1orkatsos...

g1orkatsos said:
The 3D was nicely done, but it doesn't really add much to the movie. If you see it in 3D it's pretty much the same as seeing it in 2D. It's well but eh... Actually the only 3D movie I REALLY want to see is the new Spider-Man. That could potentially be really really cool. Think about it. All that first person web-shooting around the city in 3D would be cool to see.

g1orkatsos, stay on topic!

g1orkatsos said:

Wow. Neglify is having a conversation with g1orkatsos, except with himself. Woah. :shock:

I've seen it twice in 3D and four times in 2D, and I hated the 3D. It got really distracting in some parts and I just found myself closing one eye to concentrate.

Wow, six times? It must be good. I'll have to see it on Friday. It's got 60,000 votes on IMDb, and it's still hanging up there at 8.8. This is getting me psyched to see it :eek:

QuickCut said:
Wow, six times? It must be good. I'll have to see it on Friday. It's got 60,000 votes on IMDb, and it's still hanging up there at 8.8. This is getting me psyched to see it :eek:

don't hype yourself too much, it is a good fun movie but I think the praise right now is getting a bit out of hand

Sunarep said:
don't hype yourself too much, it is a good fun movie but I think the praise right now is getting a bit out of hand

It sucked. HARD.

Neglify said:
It sucked. HARD.

only if you think too much ;)
I had the experience that the less you think about it the more you enjoy it

Sunarep said:

It depends on how you look at it. It's a very good movie, a great action movie and for me the best ever comic book movie that has actually stuck to the vision of the comic books (Nolan's are his vision of the character.)

So, as a comicbook nerd, I left on high heaven.

revel911 said:
It depends on how you look at it. It's a very good movie, a great action movie and for me the best ever comic book movie that has actually stuck to the vision of the comic books (Nolan's are his vision of the character.)

So, as a comicbook nerd, I left on high heaven.
I agree. If you are a comic book nerd it is 2 hours and something of pure ecstasy and fan service. You will love every single moment of it. A Couple of parts will make you scream like little girls from excitement. You will definitely love it and enjoy the hell out of it.
And even if you are not really a comic book guy it is still a well filmed, highly enjoyable film, with great performances all around with some great chemistry between those characters. The action is very good, very well filmed with some great special effects. You will know that a lot of care was put into this movie. It may not have the deep story, and dilemmas of Dark Knight, but it is awesome in a very different way but equally enjoyable.
Just go see it people and enjoy a very darn good movie.

I just get annoyed when reviewers (amateurs or professionals) that review it compared to movies of a different type. It's a popcorn flick, and a top rated one!

Besides which, all this 'Avengers vs Batman' stuff is unnecessary. Why does it need to be a contest? And what is it exactly that makes The Avengers a popcorn flick and Batman a deep, philosophical exercise in filmmaking? Is it just because the Nolan Batman flicks are so dour and Avengers is fun? Can't we all just enjoy both for their approaches and be happy that we have good films to watch. Damn nerds. ;)

I saw it last week, I liked it a lot.
I'm not a comic book guy so I'm not "loving it madly" or feeling that this is a "game changer" of cinema or anything like that,
but one thing comes to mind when you see it:

From now on, watching a single Marvel hero movie could look "small scale" compared to Avengers.
They really need to expand the universe even more with each new "non Avengers" sequel.
Introducing new characters (a bit like in Iron Man 2) to make them play their part again in Avengers 2.
Like I said, I'm no comic book connaisseur, but this Marvel franchise could be huge beyond all words (even more, I meant) if the sequels are handed well.

I saw it on Friday and thought it was great. Not sure why Joss Whedon shot it in 185:1 instead of 235:1 maybe less expensive I guess.

Thought the action scenes were great and was really good how followed on from the 5 marvel movies we haev had since 2008.

Roll on Iron Man3, Cap 2 and Thor 2. Hope they do another Incredible Hulk aswell.

Back
Top Bottom