• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vegas 7.0 video compability?

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to start using Vegas 7 for editing, since I really need more audio tracks than the two that Womble has to offer. Anyhow, even though I've never used it before, I'll figure it out myself. However, I do need to figure out what would be the highest quality video files that I can use in Vegas? It doesn't support MPEG-2 so ADM's guide as to how to rip is inadequate for my needs. So, if anyone could tell me how I should rip the movie files onto my computer so I could use them in Vegas, I would be most appreciative.

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe there's an MPEG-2 addon/plugin thing. Mind you, I haven't switched to Vegas yet myself, so I'm going on what I've heard.

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use Vegas 7.0...

...and what I do is rip the vob using DVDShrink, then demux it in VobEdit. That splits it into MPEG2 & AC3 files.

Then, I use VirtualDubMod to convert the MPEG2 to a HuffyUV file. Save it as an avi.

I then split my audio into 6 mono wavs using HyperCube Transcoder. Then you can easily import it all into Vegas.

All of these programs are free, and we've found this process - while a little complicated at first - still yields the highest quality.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you sure about vegas not accepting mpeg2 files? I am able to open them right up without an issue. I do not have any plugin for it either

What you do is when you go to open up a file to import in, in the drop down box select "all files". The app opens up mpeg2 and .vob files without issue

Top Bottom