• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Simultaneous Audio in Vegas

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This seems like it should be easy to do but I can't figure it out. I want to drop an audio track onto another audio track so they play simultaneously with no fade on either track. But Vegas just plays the track on top. How can I have it play both tracks at the same time?

Thanks. :)

TV's Frink said:
This seems like it should be easy to do but I can't figure it out. I want to drop an audio track onto another audio track so they play simultaneously with no fade on either track. But Vegas just plays the track on top. How can I have it play both tracks at the same time?

Thanks. :)

If you create a new audio track layer on your timeline underneath or above your current one, both should play at the same time without canceling the other out. If you're working in 5.1, then assign the new layer to the channel you wish. I've actually used up to three layers per audio channel in a 5.1 surround mix.

Edit: Dropping the audio track in the lower empty area of your timeline should automatically create a new audio layer in Vegas.

Good luck!

I don't know Vegas but maybe you pushed the "mute all audio exept the one you're on" button? I'm quite sure there is such a button.

AEmovieguy said:
If you create a new audio track layer on your timeline underneath or above your current one, both should play at the same time without canceling the other out. If you're working in 5.1, then assign the new layer to the channel you wish. I've actually used up to three layers per audio channel in a 5.1 surround mix.

Edit: Dropping the audio track in the lower empty area of your timeline should automatically create a new audio layer in Vegas.

Good luck!
Thanks, that sounds easy enough :)

Back
Top Bottom