• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze - Detarnished!

So I sent a copy of "Detarnished" to **Deleted** a few days ago, and he informed me that Ron Ely had told him about it, and that he'd enjoyed it!

Well, needless to say, my week - probably my month - has been made.

jack-benny-well.jpg

Very, very, extremely nice. Maybe there's hope that you'll hear from more people...

If he still wants a distributor, he should contact ECW Press if he hasn't yet. I mean, they took a chance on a guy who wanted to make a book called Wrestlecrap and it became a big hit for them. :p They publish a wide range of topics.

Fantastic news, slark! Congratulations!

Thanks, guys. I'm hoping to hear from Mr. Ely directly, as I did send him another copy this week as well. If he does indeed email me, I'll probably submit it to FE.org as a "news item".

My new association with **Deleted** is fascinating. From his research, he believes that it was actually George Pal's own rewrites that really hurt the film and that Joe Morhaim's original script - though no masterpiece - was MUCH more serious and had closer to a "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK"-type feel.

He also said that he ran into (Michael) Berryman a few years ago and he was very nice... and he remembered his dialogue from DOC, and recited it!

**Deleted** seems like a great guy. I'm rewatching the documentary "The Sky is Falling" (on the "War of the Worlds Special Collector's Edition" DVD) as I write this. The guy certainly knows his stuff!

Damn, that is friggin awesome slark! I think that sort of thing is the pinnacle of fanediting so congrats are in order.

It was tough not having heard from Mr. Ely, and just wondering. Wondering if he hadn't received it, or did and just didn't like it, or was morally opposed to the idea of fanedits, or what.

It's gratifying to know that not only did he enjoy it, but he's told other people about it!

very cool, slark. that's about the highest of the high-fives you can receive in fanediting. . . when it comes from those who created the movie.

slark -- Justin Humphrheys said:
Anyway, thank you for DOC SAVAGE- DETARNISHED, as well. Ron Ely told me about it and I took a look at some of the clips on YouTube. I'm impressed! Ron loved your version, and I can't wait to see the whole thing. I also sent a link to one of the clips to Eldon ("Johnny") Quick.
s l a r k
kfploa.gif
smiley_thumb.gif

Oh, imp - try not to take it so hard!

heh heh....

THANKS!

Hey, guys!

Just to let you know -

The George Pal estate is in the process of selling/auctioning many one-of-a-kind items, including poster artwork from several of Pal's films.

Among them is Roger Kastel's original, iconic "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" movie poster artwork:

http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=134749504_DSTMOB_Artwork_122_134lo.jpg

Of course, this painting was also used under Ron Ely's credit at the end of the film, on the cover of the first issue of the movie-tie-in magazine, and is the cover for the Warner Archive Classics DVD release of the film.

The price is $15K. Aside from Doc's Cord, I'd say that this is probably the ultimate DSTMOB movie collectible. If I could, I'd spring for it, but that's just not in the cards for me at this time. If anyone's interested - or knows someone else who might be - let me know and I can put you in touch with the seller.

- And does anyone know of any Doc Savage magazines or newsletters currently in publication?

slark said:
So I sent a copy of "Detarnished" to **Deleted** a few days ago, and today got an email that said:

When I read "Ron Ely told me about it", I nearly fell through the floor. Then, when I read, "Ron, however, loved your version"...

It was really neat to see this gratifying news slark! :)

Lots of DOC SAVAGE posts to catch up with since I was last around it seems. Check your PM's.

slark said:
- And does anyone know of any Doc Savage magazines or newsletters currently in publication?

shouldn't we be asking you? :p

ssj said:
shouldn't we be asking you? :p

"Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" was the final movie produced by filmmaker George Pal, of whom I've been a lifelong fan.

So, to answer your question, "No".

slark said:
So I sent a copy of "Detarnished" to **Deleted** a few days ago, and today got an email that said:

When I read "Ron Ely told me about it", I nearly fell through the floor. Then, when I read, "Ron, however, loved your version"...

That is fantastic to hear. I'm glad to hear that Ron has seen it and likes it. Definately something to be proud of.

slark said:

The Bronze Gazette magazine is published by Howard Wright. $16.50 buys you a 3-issue subscription. Make your check out to;
Green Eagle Publications
2900 Standiford Avenue
PMB # 136
Modesto, CA 95350
or contact Howard Wright via email at:
[email protected]

Thanks, MonkandHam! I'll forward this on to the guy with the stuff!

Back
Top Bottom