• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Polar Express: A Fan Edit Short

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a huge fan of Chris Van Allsburg's The Polar Express, and the '89 audiocassette featuring William Hurt, I couldn't resist giving the Zemeckis adaptation a touch-up. So, just in time for Christmas, I hereby present

The Polar Express: A Fan Edit Short by Gaith

Original runtime: ~100 min.
New runtime: 4.5 min.

What's left? Not much! No dialogue (though a little narration endures), no characters that don't appear in the book, and very few shots not lifted from the book, either. Also desaturated the image to look more like the book.

Enjoy! :)

As it's less than 5 minutes I think you could get away with putting it on YouTube.

Is this a fanedit or a movie?

Tried that, the audio was blocked. Tried uploading to Vimeo, but the picture was super-dark. Guess I'll try uploading a super-light one...

It's a Fan Edit, but as it runs under 15 min., not a TF. ;)

Heh, guess we need a new forum category. ;)

Not much left is right! Kind of like an extended trailer. Was well done and the scene with the ticket removed from the snow looked great. Very seamless for a few seconds. Nice job. :)

nice trailer. I think you've found your niche.
And since we're talking trailers, text screens are not only allowed, they're a requisite. :D

Sigh... I just can't make you happy, Jorge, can I?! :p :)

And thanks! :)

Gaith said:
Sigh... I just can't make you happy, Jorge, can I?! :p :)

And thanks! :)
I'm happy, i'm happy. :heh::pound::whoo::party::laugh::hippie::rofl:

Well, since 'tis the season and all, and many newer forum members may not have had a chance to check it out, I can't help a one-off bumping of this old thread and FE Short. Enjoy! :)

Back
Top Bottom