• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Are re-mixes (i.e. fanedits) art?

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think so. Is a collage art? Is a musician playing someone else's music art? A remix may contain components that are not original, but it is still an original form of expression.

Remixes also have the added bonus of being able to bring existing works of art to new audiences. No original artist should ever begrudge that, so long as they are given proper credit. Does Bob Dylan begrudge other musicians for covering his songs?

He should of given Jimmy Hendrix a medal for what he did with All Along the Watchtower.

Lol. George Lucas should give many people here a medal. I won't hold my breath waiting though.

geminigod said:
Lol. George Lucas should give many people here a medal. I won't hold my breath waiting though.

He let us play with his toys, it's nice enough from him.

TMBTM said:
He let us play with his toys, it's nice enough from him.
Hey, he breaks his toys himself, why should he care if we break them?

Dwight Fry said:
breaks his toys himself

George would argue that he didn't break the Star Wars toy when he melted it down into a blob of plastic. He simply made a better plastic ball toy out of it. "Stop complaining," George says, "and go play with your ball... now available in 3D."

"Noooooooooo!"

Back
Top Bottom