• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 3: Redemption by Badscooter

Thanks to everyone who has watched my first edit.
I'm really pleased that you enjoyed it.

It gives me great hope that my next edit can be even better.

Anyone willing to attempt to edit SPIDER-MAN 3 gets big points from me right from the get go!
Spider-Man 1 was an average super-hero movie that suffered many of common ailments of an origin movie.
While Spider-Man 2 raised the bar of super-hero movie excellence to new, blinding heights!!!
And then there is Spider-Man 3.....

Oy Vey! What a mess!!!

Moments of greatest drowing in a CGI pool of conflicting villians and storylines.

I won't repeat what most of the other reviewers have already mentioned.
Badscooter has made many excellent editing decisions, re-crafting the narration back to Peter and Harry where it belongs
and removing some of the offensive elements from the original storyline (removing Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer---THANK YOU!!!).
Unfortunately MJ still comes across as weak and whiney, a complete departure from her character in the previous two films. I miss the old MJ.... "sniff"...
But Sandman and Venom are handled very well by Badscooter, though I wished they could have been trimmed back even more but I know that would have been close to impossible when one considered how closely intertwined their arcs become by the final act.

The audio sounded very good. A few dips during scene transitions but nothing significant or distracting.

The vast majority of cuts are clean and flow very smoothly. The only exception for me was the whole Jazz Club/Fever scene. It clearly felt edited and choppy to me.

Overall, this version of Spider-Man 3 is very entertaining, and the new narration is far superior to the original.
Definitely deserving of it's FAN EDIT OF MONTH award! BRAVO!

Final Overall score, I would give it a very solid 8/10 and would recommend to any Spidey fan!
Excelsior!:clap2:

i was having a problem with the avi. it wouldn't extract from the rar files cause it said that rar 1 wasn't an archive.

having a problem downloading the last rar file for the NTSC. anyone else having a problem with this?

bionicbob said:
Anyone willing to attempt to edit SPIDER-MAN 3 gets big points from me right from the get go! (removing Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer---THANK YOU!!!).
But Sandman and Venom are handled very well by Badscooter, though I wished they could have been trimmed back even more but I know that would have been close to impossible when one considered how closely intertwined their arcs become by the final act.

If you want less Sandman then you can check out my "No Sandman edition" (it does what it says on the tin). But I DIDN'T do any of the other changes badscooter did (I'm halfway through his edit - enjoying it so far). So if the other stuff bugs you, stick to "Redemption"!
Joelio is working on a hybrid cut of my "No Sandman" and his darker cut. Seems to be on hold at the moment, but worth checking out. :)

Impressed so far badscooter - editing is pretty much flawless. Nice work! I'm looking forward to how the movie finishes up (I was annoyingly interrupted part way through - aaargh!)

Venom bugs me, I'm almost tempted to learn how to fanedit myself so I can attempt to 'correct' this :/

Hi Steelio2006

I haven't heard of any other problems downloading the rar files.
Did you get it sorted?

every time i've tried, i've had problems with it. i'll probably give it another whirl soon.

Hi Steelio2006

did you manage to download it in the end?

I still haven't been able to get it. This is one that I still am trying to get. However, with patience i'll eventually get it.

Anyone got an ideas of how best to promote my edit outside of fanedit.org, I don't want breaking any rules.

Hey Badscooter,

I tried posting a reply several times now, let's see if this shows up.

Anyhow I just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed your edit of Spider-man 3. I wished you'd done some voice treatment on Brock's voice at the end but that's just a nitpick in comparison to what you did - probably could have cut more but whatever, it's my definitive version of the last in the trilogy.

Anyway, I took the liberty of redoing a little of your original DVD cover and I thought you might appreciate it considering how most of it is your work anyway. Alot of it was just moving around the type and rearranging segments and centering aspects etc. so it looked closer to the orginal DVD covers
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/2/1231609/Spider_Man_3_Redemption-Cov_2.jpg
It's about 4mb.

Enjoy,
Renpatsu

i finally was able to get this the other day. have to say well done. this is definitely my replacement of Spidey 3.

Badscooter said:
Anyone got an ideas of how best to promote my edit outside of fanedit.org, I don't want breaking any rules.

I think I'd be right in saying that, outside of fanedit.org, the rules of fanedit.org stop applying. That is, you can promote your edit any way you want to.

Hey guys

I've been away from the site for a while, I gotta get back into this shit as I really enjoyed it last year.

Thanks for the comments Renpatsu and the cover it looks great, mine was just thrown together.
I was never a fan of the Vemon Vocal in the 90's cartoon show, in fact I was never a fan of Venom. I stopped reading the spider-man comics in the late 80's when Vemon started to make his appearance.

steelio2006 glad you were finally able to download it and that you enjoyed it after all this time. Hope it was worth all the trouble.

DwightFry78 my good man, it's been a while. I don't know if it's worth promoting it outside of fanedit, but it seems that alot of Spider-Man fans are quite happy with this edit so I thought it would be interesting to try and find some more viewers of it.

DwightFry78 said:
I think I'd be right in saying that, outside of fanedit.org, the rules of fanedit.org stop applying. That is, you can promote your edit any way you want to.

Hey Scooter.

The only thing that you can do outside of our site that would get you in trouble here is trying to sell your edits, which I know is not your plan. But since it was brought up I figured it was worth pointing out that this is the only activity outside of our virtual walls that would cause repercussions here.

I hope you find a new project to edit, I thought Redemption was a fantastic first edit and have been hopeful of seeing you apply that skill to another project.

Welcome home.

Hi L8wrtr

There is no fear of me trying to selling or generate any income from an edit.
I would much rather get to work on another edit.

I feel I would have to invest in new software and hardware to do it properly this time.
I had terrible performance issues on the last edit that I don't think I could face again.

Back
Top Bottom