• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Firefly - Serenity

Hey Lewis! :D Glad you made this page; Firefly effin' rules! :D

YEAH IT DOES!!! lol

well... there's like 20 minutes of deleted scenes on the first release... and there's supposed to be 6:45 of new stuff on this new set.... so that's good for an extended version almost 27 minutes longer ;) wooohoooo

Hmm...unless the extended stuff is really well done or helps expand the story, wouldn't they bog down the pacing? :eek:

yeah, that would be cool. From the post I read somewhere (I believe it was on the OT), someone claimed that they were privy to a very early screening of the film that contained a significant amount of footage that was not used for the theatrical release. Who knows how much? but it would be cool to incorporate that 27 minutes into a longer cut.

EDIT: missed your post Davaro. i think its always cool to see an extended cut, even if it bogs things a bit. its cool to see what all was shot and how it could have fit in or changed things

i thought all the deleted scenes on the first disc were really fantastic... very well done, well written.... i think they were just trying to find a way to trim it down to about 2 hours.... seemed the main reason to me..... plus, there's always the theatrical release to watch if anyone wants.... so why not see it with ALL the material back in? i'd watch it ;)

Hey,
I'm not saying I dislike extended cuts; believe me, you're talking to the guy who bought the extended editions of the lord of the rings and watched them all in ONE SITTING and still watches them from time to time (although, to be fair, I did drink nothing but gatorade that day and had 4 people over anyways. :smile:) I'm just saying that this particular film is so well paced, extended scenes could effectively change the movie completely; for good or bad, idk. I do think, however, extended scenes would flesh out the story, add good scenes to an already great flick, and help firefly n00bs enjoy the film by itself as much as we do. :lol:

I'd love to see an EE. I think the scenes are a bit too rough to really seamlessly integrate, though. Maybe the new DVD will have better video. It would be nice if they bothered to remaster it and put it in anamorphic like a few DVDs do.

I don't think the extra footage would bog down the pace. Not for fans who've already seen the movie, at least. I think I am the only here that thinks this, but I believe that the second time you see a movie, the pacing is a whole different animal. It can afford to be slower because re-watching a movie is such a massively different experience than watching it for the first time.

I also think many director, producers and editors really feel the need to 'keep it around 2 hours' when in a lot of cases, it's not needed. 2.5 hours can be better, depending on the story. Or 3 hours could be worse if it's a molasses-paced piece of crap like The Good Shepherd or something. But that's just my opinion.

yeah... and i don't have a problem with slowing the pace down on some movies anyway.... so many movies are just nonstop action start to finish... just seems like there's no room for story or character or atmosphere in a lot of them... (though i don't think that about this movie) i don't mind things being slowed down....
even so, i think the deleted scenes would integrate pretty well... yes they weren't quite up to par, quality-wise... but i wouldn't mind.... the scenes are good enough that i wouldn't care.

and i agree... watching a movie the 2nd time thru can be a very different experience.... there are plenty of movies that i didn't even like the first time around that i love now.... and there have been movies that i watched and liked the first time and then didn't like nearly as much the 2nd time....

point taken. :) Now I can't wait even more for the new dvd to come out/someone to do an extended cut. :smile:

so today is the release day, correct? anyone jump on this yet?? lol :)

sometimes i wish FIREFLY had been the next installment of the STAR TREK franchise. the federation broken and dissolved, Reynolds an ex starfleet office. instead they went ENTERPRISE and killed it.
But on its own, FIREFLY is the best.

Jorge, that kind of sounds like Andromeda to me....

I ordered the DVD today from amazon. Was on the fence for a while. I have the normal DVD, will get the HD whenever I get an HD player...buying it THREE times seemed kind of excessive. But whatever, I ordered the 2-disc upon having seen it in person in WM. That always makes me want stuff more.

Back
Top Bottom