• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mmpr

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone's decided to go and do a "grim" and "gritty" fanfilm based on the Power Rangers franchise. Check out the "killer" teaser

This could be cool, but a fan film like this can only work if the rangers look good. Also if they use the zords they have to be decent.

So as much as i like the idea I'm holding judgment on the prospect of this edit untill more is released

Wow, I have to say that the teaser is pretty awesome. Definitely has me interested to see how it turns out. Also makes me want to go back and have a labor day marathon of the essential episodes from the original series.

steelio2006 said:
Wow, I have to say that the teaser is pretty awesome. Definitely has me interested to see how it turns out. Also makes me want to go back and have a labor day marathon of the essential episodes from the original series.

Yeah, with the show's 20th anniversary coming up, and the first seven years of the show now on DVD, it's a good time to get reaqquainted with it.

In related news, there's another short MMPR fanfilm on the way from a seperate group, it'll be out September 4th.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm not impressed. Power Rangers doesn't need a grim and gritty reboot because at it's core it's your basic good and evil story. That's like saying someone want's to see a grim and gritty version of Star Wars, it doesn't look right. It's appeal was bright and colorful heroes fighting bad guys in spandex, not having some dude in a coat claiming to be Lord Zedd killing a little girl off screen for shock value. This is especially true since, in later seasons beyond the Mighty Morphin' era, the plot and story took some dark turns because they served the story. Less Dark Knight Trilogy/Sin City, more Avengers/Mario.

Double post, whoops. Think that's the first time I've ever done that! :-D

I checked out the facebook/Twitter for this and wanting 10grand for 90 minutes is certainly ambitious. But they want old stars, special effects, stunts etc. Certainly ambitious vision for an unofficial project, but I've wanted to see a grownup version of this for ages (I was 7 when it got popular!)

A little update on this

The main thread for the fanfilm project on the largest PR fan community on the 'net, Rangerboard, was locked because the guys behind the movie got REALLY pissy with the fans and actively started trolling. They then said they were in negotiations to produce an original superhero movie altogether...which sounds very much like they scammed everyone who donated, or changed their minds because, as it slowly transpired, they really knew next to nothing about the franchise.

^ ... I'm still not getting how one can legally solicit donations for a corporate property-based fan film. What's to stop stuff like that from happening?! :?

Gaith said:
^ ... I'm still not getting how one can legally solicit donations for a corporate property-based fan film. What's to stop stuff like that from happening?! :?

that scam sounds incredibly a-holish, it reads like someone banked on many people's nostalgia to get their money

then again about the donations thing: don't adywan's donations for Revisited fall under the same category? I mean we know why he needs it and we know he doesn't make a profit out of the donations for his personal gain but it is still a fundraising for something that belongs to lucasarts

Hey guys,

This is Louis, one of the producers and headwriter of "MMPR." First, let me thank you all for the kind words and the support, we really appreciate it. If you would like to follow our film, follow us on facebook at Facebook.com/MMPRfilm where we post updates several times a week.

Second, the above poster is misinformed. We are still moving forward with "MMPR." The director went on Rangerboard and said that we are also working with a producer from the original series on ANOTHER, SEPERATE film. It is not something that is going to interefere with "MMPR."

Also, no, we aren't stealing any of our donations. Not only is it wrong to do that, obviously, but we are professional filmmakers and have more to lose by doing that then stealing someones $25.

If you guys have any questions or comments, let me know. In the meantime, we just put out a new video this morning of our premiere of the trailer at the 2012 Power Morphicon event in Pasadena, California (a comic-con type event for Power Ranger fans). We got some great responses and there are a few familiar faces here, so check it out.

Thanks.

You could do with some spellchecking on that video.

Synopsis -

"MMPR"

The Power Rangers have vanished. Lord Zedd, their greatest enemy, has been defeated. The world is saved. Tommy Oliver, no longer the White Ranger, is in exile; running…hiding…waiting…for evil to find him again.
The world has moved on. Now, 20 years later, Lord Zedd has returned - stronger, faster and nastier. Slowly regaining his powers and at the helm of a new army, he is looking for revenge against Tommy.

Haunted by his past and having given up on fighting for the world, Tommy is tracked down by Zedd and his minions. But with the help of a mysterious woman named Beth, they discover that Zedd is looking for more than revenge...much more.

Now, to stop the forces of evil, Tommy and Beth seek help in stopping Zedd : Cole, an underground street fighter looking to do battle with anyone and everyone, April and Dylan Apollo, twin sisters as different as night and day, seeking to protect the earth more than its people, and Collins, a police officer who’s no stranger to villains.

Together, Tommy and his new team are all that stands between Zedd and the end of the world. Will they triumph, or will Zedd finally destroy his greatest threat once and for all?

Reformed, repowered, the POWER RANGERS are back.

We are very happy to announce that Ron Wasserman has agreed to compose the score for the film, MMPR!

Ron is a very talented musician and television composer, who not only worked on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series for ov...er 10+ years, but is also the man responsible for the theme song we all know and love, "Go Go Power Rangers!"

Ron is a big fan of the MMPR film and is a welcome addition to the team.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0913700/

Nic Stiz said:
Power Rangers doesn't need a grim and gritty reboot because at it's core it's your basic good and evil story. . . . Its appeal was bright and colorful heroes fighting bad guys in spandex,

By that argument, wouldn't Joel Schumaker's Batman movies be head-and-shoulders better than Christopher Nolan's?

I don't really have a horse in the race, though. I caught a few episodes of the first Power Rangers incarnation, and I haven't really followed it since then. (I still love Amy Jo Johnson.)

It's kind of funny that the producers of the official series can't do a reboot themselves, because the series is still going. That'd be like rebooting The Simpsons. A creative idea has to go away for a while before the people behind it will introduce something radically different.

Anyway, I'm kind of intrigued. I think that one of the most interesting things that fans can do is to play with the tone and style of their favorite franchise in fan films and fan edits, whether it's taking something light and silly and making it darker, or taking something dark and making it light and silly.

"If you are a fan of MMPR, stay tuned as we will be making *TWO* *MAJOR* ANNOUNCEMENTS NEXT WEEK! On Monday, we will make an announcement regarding our future plans for the film and then we will make a very special HALLOWEEN announcement on
Wednesday about A FORMER CAST MEMBER (and its not who you would expect!) joining the ranks of MMPR.

The last time we had a major announcement it was the inclusion of Ron Wasserman, so we don't dissapoint when we say we have something lined up. Next week - WE HAVE TWO!

Guys, we are getting the ball rolling now but we still need your help. We have only been able to raise just over $500 on our indiegogo campaign which ends in December. If you would like to see us make this film, we need all the support we can get and every dollar counts. If you can, take a look at the page below and donate.

http://www.indiegogo.com/MMPR?show_todos=true"

that is our latest post from facebook.com/mmprfilm

For all of our fans of MMPR, we are happy to share with you all the news that we are currently entering Pre-Production for a special Prologue Episode! This episode will explain the story behind our Lord Zedd trailer and the world that MMPR takes place in, as well as introduce one of our RANGERS and will show them in action. We have major plans for this episode and have a few surprises in store.

Let's take this opportunity to hear from our fans. What would you like to see in this episode?

Main thing i don't want to see is the morphing coin's on their chests. Why the movie and toys felt it nessasary to do that never made sense to me

Sorry guys, I meant to come back and post the news.

We are very happy to announce that Robert Axelrod has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR

Robert is a very talented actor and well known voice actor, who has worked on countless television series, animes and video games. He is ...also the original voice actor for Lord Zedd (amongst other characters) on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series!

Robert is a big fan of our MMPR trailer and we look forward to working with him.

-----

From today -

"If you are a fan of MMPR, you are in for a real treat. Over the next two weeks, our team will be releasing a ton of new information and material regarding our project. We will also announce *CASTING NEWS AND INFORMATION* (something we are constantly asked about) and *ANOTHER FORMER CAST MEMBER* WHO WILL BE A PART OF MMPR! It is someone our fans have asked us about, so we reached out to them and they loved our work! With our announcements of Ron Wasserman and Robert Axelrod, I don’t think we have let our fans down yet when it comes to big names and major surprises!

We will kick this all off on Monday (11/12) by uploading a Behind-the-Scenes video from our teaser trailer shoot. You will be able to see firsthand the hard work that our cast and crew put in to bring to life our version of the evil Lord Zedd!

We are very excited to show you what we are capable of doing, but we do need your help. We have around 40 days left on our indiegogo campaign and we have raised a little over $600. Any donations, no matter how big or small, would go a long way in helping this film get made. The faster we raise the money for our Prologue Episode, the faster we can go and shoot it!"

http://www.indiegogo.com/MMPR - if you guys want to help out.

The next two weeks will be big ones for the fans of MMPR! We will be announcing *a special contest* for all of our facebook fans,* casting/auditioning information* for our first episode and another *former cast member* who has signed on to ...work on the film!

To start it off, here is a special behind-the-scenes video of our Lord Zedd teaser trailer! Here you will be able to see exactly what went into bringing the Lord Zedd character back to life in this world and the hard work that our cast and crew went through to bring you our trailer. We are very proud of everybody who was involved with this and look forward to getting back on set to bring all of our fans our very first episode!

Back
Top Bottom