• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

File not extracting (Corrupt or Wrong Password)

Nomar1245

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK to be fair, I'm not going to pretend to be a pro at downloading through .dlc files. So far I've done 4 movies this way, but only 3 have worked properly.

The fourth that doesn't work is paulisdead2221's Batman: The Dark Knight(Forever Edit).

I've downloaded the enter movie, and tried to extract. All goes well until the VTS_01_04.vob file. It gives me 2 errors saying:

! C:\Users\Home\Downloads\paulisdead2221_fot3v3rDK.part20.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file paulisdead2221_fot3v3rDK\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB (wrong password ?)
! C:\Users\Home\Downloads\paulisdead2221_fot3v3rDK.part20.rar: Unexpected end of archive

After I got this error the first time, I deleted the file paulisdead2221_for3v3rDK.part20.rar and redownloaded it twice, and both times recieved the same error.

What confuses me the most tho, is that every other file in the archive set extracts without any trouble.

So what can the problem be?
How can one file have a different password than the rest?(I've tried different passwords also by the way)
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there a way to fix this? (What would that be?)

Thanks to anyone that can help. I really appreciate it.
I own close to 1200 movies(I'm in the process of cataloging them), and this site really adds to the enjoyment of it.

Thanks again everyone. Keep up the great work. :)

I cannot understand problems with that particular download, because it also comes with parfiles that allow repairing.
The password for it is the standard one.
Hint: use winrar to extract and not jdownloader. Use the "Quick Par" to repair any corrupted download.

I do use WinRAR to extract, and I do use the standard password.

And if it is a corrupt file, then why does it keep downloading corruptly? I've already redownloaded twice.

corruptions are usually caused by temp files on your computer.
For downloads without parfiles: restart your computer / download to a different directory.
For downloads with parfiles: Use the parfiles. They are magic.

That did it. I used the PARs like you said and it was fixed and extracted in less than 5 minutes. Thank you so much

its probably a RS server issue. i use a CLI/non-cached downloader (wget) and will download the same corrupt file repeatedly. tried the next day and worked fine.

boon23 said:
For downloads with parfiles: Use the parfiles. They are magic.

Allways woundered what them silly files were for :p

I have a question can a par file help me with my matryoshka fanedit?

Back
Top Bottom