• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What to do with the Matrix trilogy

What to do with the Matrix trilogy

• Microwave the discs for 2 minutes 22 seconds

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Oven at a slow burn for 22 minutes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Send them to Frantic Canadian for shitting on his post the other day

• Send Reloaded and Revolutions to Joe Pantoliano to sign

• Smash the DVDs to pieces, glue back together randomly, rip and post the results on youtube

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • ???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Profit

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
img9432c.jpg

lol, that's pretty much what we do here.

There can only be one Matrix.
e5ana4e3.jpg

blueyoda said:
img9433fi.jpg

FUUUUCK!!!1

That's because your vobs are not consistant with the ifo information. Which might also be corrupted, by the way, considering you cut up the discs. What you need to do is rip another movie and use the ifo information from there. The vobs will still be inconsistant but at least you'll have "clean" ifo information.

Then you need to rip the frankeinstein Matrix disc again until it fails. But before you press "ok" at the error message, copy the vobs you got and paste it in the same folder with a new name. Then click "ok" and decrypter will delete the old file. Then rename the copied file with the original name. This will give you an incomplete vob but it's something to work with, at least.

Now you need to make the ifo information consistant with the vob file. Since the vob is incomplete that's impossible but thankfully there's a little piece of convenient software called "IFOtoVOB_rebuilder" which can rebuild the data tables and repair data flow consistency. Find version 2.2 because version 3, which is the latest release, is only in Beta and not supported at all. Don't worry, 2.2 is stable and does the job right. Version 3 only adds video data feedback correlation and that's pretty much useless in your case considering you're working with NTSC.

Feed the software the ifo, the renamed vob and the vob from another DVD you ripped that was released before 2002. That's important or else you'll have to work around the new stream processing overflow buffer and that's an entirely different ball game.

The conversion will take anywhere between about two hours and... much more depending on the level of corruption of your files and the "patch" vob that you're using and the processing power of your pc. But when it's complete, you'll have a workable file that you can render. It might be glitchy but at least you'll be able to work with something.

Hope this helps.

Most helpful Admin ever. What a gentleman.

MCP said:
That's because your vobs are not consistant with the ifo information. Which might also be corrupted, by the way, considering you cut up the discs. What you need to do is rip another movie and use the ifo information from there. The vobs will still be inconsistant but at least you'll have "clean" ifo information.

Then you need to rip the frankeinstein Matrix disc again until it fails. But before you press "ok" at the error message, copy the vobs you got and paste it in the same folder with a new name. Then click "ok" and decrypter will delete the old file. Then rename the copied file with the original name. This will give you an incomplete vob but it's something to work with, at least.

Now you need to make the ifo information consistant with the vob file. Since the vob is incomplete that's impossible but thankfully there's a little piece of convenient software called "IFOtoVOB_rebuilder" which can rebuild the data tables and repair data flow consistency. Find version 2.2 because version 3, which is the latest release, is only in Beta and not supported at all. Don't worry, 2.2 is stable and does the job right. Version 3 only adds video data feedback correlation and that's pretty much useless in your case considering you're working with NTSC.

Feed the software the ifo, the renamed vob and the vob from another DVD you ripped that was released before 2002. That's important or else you'll have to work around the new stream processing overflow buffer and that's an entirely different ball game.

The conversion will take anywhere between about two hours and... much more depending on the level of corruption of your files and the "patch" vob that you're using and the processing power of your pc. But when it's complete, you'll have a workable file that you can render. It might be glitchy but at least you'll be able to work with something.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, MCP. I've tried finding IFOtoVOB_rebuilder 2.2 but it doesn't seem to be hosted anywhere. So I used version 3 and, after a few hours, managed to have it process the files. I first used

but it kept giving me a cyclic redundency error. I then tried

"[/video]

but got the same error. So I tried

but again, I failed miserably. I went thru a whole bunch of DVDs, until I found one which finally rendered to completion.

Problem is, I got a "WARNING - Misconstrued audio data anomaly: 88% underflow error". The message box gave me the options "Ignore?" or "Search for approximate match?". I clicked "Ignore" and tried to play the resulting VOB but every media software crashed, even VLC. It won't even load in Vegas. I tried clicking on "Search for approximate match" but it's opening an explorer window to my hard drives but I don't know what to point it to and I found no reference to this in the poorly written documentation.

Help?

That's because you're using version 3 which uses a new algorithm for audio and since you used a DVD issued prior to 2002 as well as DVDs issued after that. It creates a conflict in the variable stream field.

You should NEVER cross the streams.

Simply point IFOtoVOB_rebuilder to any mp3 file that ideally was produced outside of the U.S. or Canada (because of the regional encryption issue which pissed off so many faneditors back in 2009) and it should be able to render without any problems.

Thanks for the help, MCP.

Here's the result.

Not enough action in that Indian robot vid :D

Seriously, though, the chick was smokin' hot.

blueyoda said:
Thanks for the help, MCP.

Here's the result.

it's like a twisted matrixfied version of the creepy video from The Ring.

Back
Top Bottom