• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

King Kong T-HOPE Extended Edition (1933)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
kingkongt-hope.jpg

King Kong T-HOPE Extended Edition

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): Extended Edition

original film name: King Kong (the 1933 original)

new film name: King Kong T-HOPE Extended Edition

film studio name: RKO Radio Pictures

edit crew name: T-HOPE

Date Original Film Was Released: 1933

Date Edit Was Released: August 23 2008

Original Runtime: 1:44:17

New Runtime: 1:45:49

Amount of time Cut/Added: 1:32

added Cuts removed/added/extended :
As part of the One Cut fanedits at fanedit.org, this fanedit adds the infamous Lost Spider Pit sequence back in the movie.
This scene was originally filmed, but because test audience members screamed and either left the theatre or talked about the grisly sequence throughout the subsequent scenes (disrupting the film), director Merian C. Cooper removed the scene. The scene was destroyed, but King Kong 2005 director Peter Jackson & co. re-created it for the Special Edition DVD set of King Kong years later.
Faneditor T-HOPE took the scene and edited it back into the movie, so fans of the original King Kong could enjoy an extended version.

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):
NTSC 720 x 480 video, Dobly Digital (AC3) audio. Region free.

Your intention for this fanedit:
To add back the lost Spider Pit sequence.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):
- DVD Lab Pro 2.3
- Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
- AC-3 Encoder
- Adobe Photoshop CS

Time needed for the edition: 1 day

Persons involved: 1

Peter Jackson recreating the Lost Spider Pit scene is -to me- his best contribution to the legacy of King Kong. I didn't care for his version of the film at all, but hats off to him and his team for bringing a piece of film history back to life.

It was a brilliant move for T-Hope to actually put it back in its rightful place within the movie. By doing so, he has preserved a bit of history and allowed a modern audience a fascinating look into the past. It's a very simple edit, but an important one.

This is an entertaining and historic extended edition of a classic movie. I highly recommend it to all.

I agree with what you wrote and I also congrat T-hope on a nice job with this edit. However, what I have a problem with is this:

I loved the re-creation spider pit scene, but what I hated about it was that jackass filmed him and his crew in digital while the stop motion you can see was actual film. Jackson should have filmed his crew in 16 or super 8. He could have truly then aged it to really match the stop motion source. Instead it is very clear that it looks like nicely aged footage for the background/stop motion, but with video super imposed people in the front. The stop motion effects and backgrounds were amazing, but the living people were filmed on a format that horribly stands out from how that scene should have truly been pulled off

The edit itself gets a 10 star from me because King Kong is a true classic, despite the fact that Jackson really screwed up the spider pit scene

Is this edit also have the city scene with Ann trying to rob a fruit? And all the small shots of people getting killed that were cuted in some versions?
In short is this the longuest version of King Kong 33 possible?

I had began put this in my que before the first post but hasn't downloaded yet.
I'm looking forward to watching it, that's for sure.

Yesterday, I did make a wallpaper based on the art provided so what the heck, here it is ;)

I saturated the colour a bit, brought the people higher up, and used the smudge tool on the flames to make the edges less sharp but I think came out pretty good

TMBTM said:
Is this edit also have the city scene with Ann trying to rob a fruit? And all the small shots of people getting killed that were cuted in some versions?

This version was derived from the very nice and latest (about 2 years back) King kong that Warner officially came out with. I really do not recall every little scene but if the footage still exist then it should be present. The spider pit scene (made for the 1933 version)was in the newer 2005 King Kong box set for that dvd release

tranzor said:
TMBTM said:

This version was derived from the very nice and latest (about 2 years back) King kong that Warner officially came out with. I really do not recall every little scene but if the footage still exist then it should be present. The spider pit scene (made for the 1933 version)was in the newer 2005 King Kong box set for that dvd release
Tranzor already said it right. It was taken from the last official DVD release, and from what I remember, this is just the longest version has been official released.

JMB said:
By doing so, he has preserved a bit of history and allowed a modern audience a fascinating look into the past. It's a very simple edit, but an important one.
Yep, it was just a single edit, trying to fit in that 1 scene. Simple indeed, for the reason you have posted but also to present a longer cut.

Thanks for the reviews and the kind words guys. Really appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom