• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are your favorite ADM fanedits and why?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now it is impossible to list them all in a poll, so I won't even try, but I am sure that most of you have watched some of this artist's great works and do have an opinion. Let's share it and discuss it...

If enough fanedits are listed I will start counting the votes and post a list in the first post.

My personal favorite of his is still Pearl Harbor - Strength and Honor, because it improves the movie so much. It is perfectly cut and has a good flow to the plot. I still could do without the patriotic finale, but even with it, this is a wonderful work, which I truly recommend.

for me this is very easy... Dune.

pure perfection on a disc!

I love the HP Extended Editions. I don't bother opening the originals anymore.

I'm with slade (though admittedly, I haven't watched many of the ADM edits even though I have them already :oops: ). I have a couple of the HP movies that are still unopened because I only watch the ADM extended versions.

Hmm...actually, I should only comment after watching more of ADM's edits so that my thoughts are more meaningful. :razz: Sorry, I'm dumb.

Pearl Harbor. This is probably the movie that finally coaxed me into trying out this whole fanediting thing. I saw so much potential in that movie that was smashed by the subplot. I think that Mike Bay succeeds at making epic movies, but the characters and basic audience pandering get in the way of the real point of the movie. I think that in big action movies, actors are (or should be) a part of movie, much like a cello is part of an orchestra, not the main focus.

ADM made this film worth watching. Not just worth watching, but essential watching. I've had to really convince my friends to watch this, but when they do, they are amazed that they were actually moved by this film.

Hollywood would be smart to grab ADM to use as a final editor, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Other good ADM edits:
Star Wars Saga (including EP 2.5)
E.T.
Dune RWP
Temple of Doom
Superman Returns

reave said:
Pearl Harbor. This is probably the movie that finally coaxed me into trying out this whole fanediting thing. I saw so much potential in that movie that was smashed by the subplot. I think that Mike Bay succeeds at making epic movies, but the characters and basic audience pandering get in the way of the real point of the movie. I think that in big action movies, actors are (or should be) a part of movie, much like a cello is part of an orchestra, not the main focus.

ADM made this film worth watching. Not just worth watching, but essential watching. I've had to really convince my friends to watch this, but when they do, they are amazed that they were actually moved by this film.

Hollywood would be smart to grab ADM to use as a final editor, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Other good ADM edits:
Star Wars Saga (including EP 2.5)
E.T.
Dune RWP
Temple of Doom
Superman Returns
ditto.

As Terminator fan, I must say he impressed (and motivated) me with his T3 edit, yet I didn't agree with the cuts he did. So my favorite of his is the extended edition of The Termiantor.

I also like his Star Wars revenge of the sith edit.

I have to go with Austin Powers in Goldmember: ADigitalMan?s Shaggadelic Extended Edition...

It's my favorite because it was the first movie I desperately wanted to fanedit, and he beat me to the punch. (The musical number should never have been cut dammit... made the movie so much more awesome it should have been a crime)

I happen to like just about all his work, but that's an edit you can put on for anybody and they'll scratch their heads wondering why the studio cut all those scenes. Pure classic.

Back
Top Bottom