• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What am I missing, Please Help

kaceechase

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am New to Making Fanedits on such a large scale but have made several small movies before from my own pictures and video so experienced Newbie I guess.

I take, for example Halloween 1 and Halloween 2 and put them together with just the Jamie Lee parts of H2O but I have video with different audio sampling rates so I convert them all to the same type with River past Then Put them together Beautifully in Premiere Pro CS3 and Export Uncompressed so I now have a Huge Honking File about 50gb.

Now no matter which way I do it-Through Premiere converter or a seperate source I end up with a very poor quality Divx or Xvid or wmv that is a reasonable size though.

How do I convert a large video file to something managable with the best quality? And Yes I admit I may be doing something wrong in the earlier steps to cause this problem so If anyone can Guide me I would be ever so appreciative.

Sincerly, Kaceechase

From what I know, adobe premiere does not work well with mpeg-2, so you best work with high quality xvid, using autoGK to create a 100% quality version of the original movies.
Then you edit with premiere.
To export you use a frameserver: http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/usage.php
and do the encoding for free with tmpgenc 2.5,
or if you have it with Cinema Craft Encoder.
Use a bitrate calculator for the best bitrate settings for variable bitrates (vbr). 5000kb/sec is a good average bitrate. With what you want I suggest creating a DL DVD.

I might be missing something obvious, but I'm a bit lost.

I want to edit with Adobe Premier, but I don't know how to get avi files that will work with it.

I tried ripping with DVD Decrypter, and then using the MPEG Video Wizard exporting avi files, but those files behave very erratically in Premiere, not having audio, or generally being tought to manage.

Is there a better way to get avis?

I thought premiere accepted mpeg 2 files? Maybe it needs a plug in?

tranzor said:
I thought premiere accepted mpeg 2 files? Maybe it needs a plug in?

I can't seem to find a plugin that does it.

I tried making xvid avis at 100% with GK, but Premiere refused to open them, calling them an "unsupported compression format."

maybe it is the ac-3 sound.
Use virtualdub to save the sound.
Rename to ac3
Use headac3he to turn the ac3 to wav.
Use virtualdub to mux the video with the wav audio and try again to put this into premiere.

boon23 said:
maybe it is the ac-3 sound.
Use virtualdub to save the sound.
Rename to ac3
Use headac3he to turn the ac3 to wav.
Use virtualdub to mux the video with the wav audio and try again to put this into premiere.

I tried that, couldn't get it to work. I finally managed with the somewhat embrassaing solution of loading the GK avi into Window's Movie Maker" of all things, and exporting it. Now premeire can load it.

Seriously, who uses WMM?!? :)

Back
Top Bottom