• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Homecoming (No Spoilers)

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Spider-Man[size=small][font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/size][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Spider-Man[size=small][font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/size][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Spider-Man[size=small][font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/size][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Spider-Man[size=small][font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/size][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Spider-Man***Moderator Note: Original post moved [/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]here***
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
EDIT; Since managment of the franchise has changed and the film has an actual title, the thread is now "Spider-Man: Homecoming."

OP EDIT: So, this thread was made back before the Disney/Sony deal was mad and the Amazing Spider-Man series still planned to release a third installment. The original name of the thread was "Spider-Man 6 - It's gonna suck," playing off how The Amazing Spider-Man 1's thread was "Spider-Man 4 - Will it suck?" and it's sequel was titled "Spider-Man 5 - It'll be awesome!"

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Sinister Six movie isn't The Amazing Spider-Man 3, it's a spin-off movie. Amazing Spider-Man 3 is set for release in 2015 iirc, and Sinister Six and Amazing Spider-Man 4 are set for a 2018 release from what I've read.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That link was more for how even when it looks like Sony has a plan for their franchise, they really don't have a plan. Hence the "it's gonna suck" subtitle of the thread.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forgive me, but given that the link is about the Sinister Six movie and that the thread title is called "Spider-Man 6 - It's gonna suck..." it's just natural to assume that you were inferring that Amazing Spider-Man 3 was going to be about the Sinister Six. Also, given that the Sinister Six movie was just announced the other day and it's not due out until 2018, and Spider-Man 3 isn't due out until 2016, that still gives them plenty of time to decide what they want to do with them, especially in regards to the Sinister Six movie.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread title fixed.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic, could you please scribble a little descript before your links?
Even if it's just a cut n paste of the article headline.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm locking this clusterfuck just long enough for me to fix it. Hang tight, everyone.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, this thread is now about Spider-Man 6. The other thread is about The Sinister Six. And now I can go back to not caring about either one.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, this thread is about Spider-Man 6. This thread is about The Sinister Six. And now I can go back to not caring about either one.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My bad. This is my thread, so i can't expect to just post something with a link and just leave it at that. I apologize.

What I mean is, while Divergent isn't something I'd care about, with the way that Shailene Woodley had been treated with ASM2, I doubt she'd even want to come back even if she weren't headlining another franchise.. Besides, each bit of news I hear about it's future just gets worse and worse.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/02/spider-man-producers-to-miles-morales-drop-dead/

The producers seem to be blind to overexposure and the threat of things getting stale. Marvel Studios knows they can't release a Captain America movie every week. Even the X-Men films, while focused on Wolverine (except First Class), are, in theory, ensemble films with multiple characters you can latch onto. And even with the good solo Wolverine movie, they made the stakes relatively small in scale with a different feel to the other films. This universe could be so much more, maybe with having a Terminator style story with Spider-Man 2099, a buddy robbery film with Black Cat and Talon (a character created for the 2000s CGI cartoon), a psychological horror/war film with Flash Thompson as Venom, but instead they're just going to stretch out and strain Peter Parker for all he's worth.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really want a Spider-Girl movie.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't see Spidey 4.
Didn't see spidey 5.
Will not see Spidey 6, unless they make it as a crossover with Star Wars and Avengers with a full frontal nude shot of Scarlett Johansson, in a lesbian scene with Leia's daughter, in a gold bikini, in the mud, where was I?...
...Oh yeah, they just rebooted the whole thing way too early after the Raimi's trilogy for me. (I say it in every amazing Spiderman's threads and I had a bit of free time in my hands so I had to say it again in this one!)

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol at the thread title

TMBTM said:
...Oh yeah, they just rebooted the whole thing way too early after the Raimi's trilogy for me. (I say it in every amazing Spiderman's threads and I had a bit of free time in my hands so I had to say it again in this one!)

It'll never be said enough for me. Still peeved how the reboot came about, and the soulless new franchise is a waste of some good talent. I just want Sony to release the SM3 deleted scenes :(

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
. . . Will not see Spidey 6, unless they make it as a crossover with Star Wars and Avengers with a full frontal nude shot of Scarlett Johansson, in a lesbian scene with Leia's daughter, in a gold bikini, in the mud, where was I?...

Hey! I wanna see that! Forget Spidey, the Averagers, Darth, all those epic guys.
Can you edit Scarlett and assorted nymphs from the wetlands?
Even as a consecution?

Wha ... Spider Girl?
That could be ... naw, studios rarely give female superheroes the reins.
Reference the Wonder Woman flick - gonna start filming - casting - scripting - any day now.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
henzINNIT said:
lol at the thread title

It'll never be said enough for me. Still peeved how the reboot came about, and the soulless new franchise is a waste of some good talent. I just want Sony to release the SM3 deleted scenes :(

Oooh, I was unaware-skees of SM3 deleted scenes. What kind were they?

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Oooh, I was unaware-skees of SM3 deleted scenes. What kind were they?

Stuff of myths and legends my friend. There's a lot of rumoured stuff, like a 1 on 1 fight between Harry and Venom, and a ton of things in the novelisation that could have been filmed or just made up for the book. Here's a list of things that are known to have been filmed though:

- Peter encounters a young boy pretending to be Spider-Man.
- Eddie Brock visits the Stacy home, is told to stay away by Captain Stacy.
- Sandman tries to intimidate/bribe a scientist into curing his daughter.
- Peter attempts to visit Harry at Oscorp.
- Peter sees the symbiote's monsterous form in his reflection.
- Sandman watches Penny in the park, becomes a sand castle for her to play with.
- Alternate Venom/Sandman team-up (set directly after the scene above. Eddie is watching Marko and manipulates him)
- MJ visits Harry and tells him that they all need to forgive eachother.
- Penny turns up to the construction site finale and convinces Sandman to stand down.

A lot of nice charcter moments that could have really helped in my opinion.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
henzINNIT said:
and a ton of things in the novelisation that could have been filmed or just made up for the book.

Novelizations use the screenplay as a basis. So chances are if it was in the novelization, it was shot.

Top Bottom