• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Silicon Valley (Mike Judge's new HBO show)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer

Episode 1 (Official HBO YouTube upload)

I really enjoyed the first three episodes. Not the greatest show or nothing, but it makes me laugh. Great wacky characters, solid jokes, Martin Starr, cuss words. What's not to like?

Anybody else watch this?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't too impressed with the first episode but I'm going to give the next couple episodes a chance and see if it can pull me in. I love the concept of it, and it does have some really good actors in it.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the first episode. Judge can do no wrong.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, Season One is finished. Overall I really enjoyed it and I look forward to Season Two. It's nothing amazing, but it makes me laugh pretty consistently.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It definitely grew on me. I especially loved

them trying to figure out with math how to maximize handjobs for everyone at the conference. Brilliant.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still have a couple episodes to watch (thanks Q2...) but I really like this show.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I still have a couple episodes to watch (thanks Q2...) but I really like this show.

Your welcome... and it's only a minor spoiler. Now, if I revealed that Michael Bay had a cameo and froze up on stage before fleeing, I could understand your annoyance.

Oh...

^^ That doesn't happen ^^

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with Q2. It grew on me as well. And the scene that was spoiler tagged had me dying, probably the longest and hardest I've laughed in a long time.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Late to the party, but just watched season one and loved it. Extremely awkward and consistently funny. Highly recommended.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love this show. Season 2 has been awesome so far.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Totally agree. Every character is gold, but I have a special place in my heart for Gilfoy (sp?) and Dinesh (also sp?).

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*Gilfoyle and Dinesh are the best! Just caught up with the whole show last week. It's so funny.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great show. If you work in IT or are somewhat geeky about knowing your IT, this has a ton of great in refs and in-jokes.

"Cunty"
"It's Apple Maps bad."

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you get the jokes, really funny. If you don't, I can see how some people would find it kind of mediocre. Not my favorite show on TV, but I like it enough to watch the new episodes as they come out. Kind of my sunday night treat.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 2 finale was wonderful. Very much looking forward to Season 3.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
woot, "Silicon Valley" returns on April 24th. Trailer for Season 3 below, don't watch if you haven't watched to the end of Season 2.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love this show, it's much better than that awfulness known as The Big Bang Theory! Too bad I live in the UK so I have to wait a few mounts before I see the new episodes!

Top Bottom