• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Superman Returned - A Tomahawk Re-Edit:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be perfectly honest, i liked Superman Returns when i first saw it. But when i purchased it recently I saw it as a jumbled mess that didn't know if it was a remake or a reboot. I appreciate it for what it was trying to be, bu it just missed its mark so much. Now onto the edit. I haven't been watching fan edits for very long, a couple years at the most. That being said this edit was above and beyond. Near perfection as far s editing. i had to follow along with the cut list to see what was gone. and it wasn't missed. there wre a couple minor cute that felt a bit jarring or sudden, but for the most part it was nothing short of professional. sadly no amount of editing can make me like Bosworth as Lois Lane. I am not a huge fan of the deadbeat Superdad plot but in your edit it actually works and doesn't feel tacked on. You made what was a confused movie into a proper end cap to the Donner era superman franchise. It feels focused. and like a sequel to the previous movies (at least one and two) keep up your amazing work and thank you for bringing out the hidden gem that was in this movie. Just one minor side note that i wish you would have done is reinstate Luthors theme from superman 1. not all the way as it got silly at times but there are parts of the score that sound menacing that could have been used. but that really is a nitpick.

More...

Top Bottom