• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Grindhouse Vol. 2: Death Proof/Machete:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only meant to watch one of these, but I got caught up in the spirit and went for the double.Must have been the curry commercial.Leeroy has performed grindhouse magic on these two gems.Deathproof benefited the most, as the structural rearranging tightened the narrative.The bar scene still plays out too long, Tarentino not wanting to trim his dialogue.The audio was great, and video jump edits were OK, too.This was never a film you could walk for popcorn on.I’ve already rewatched this a couple times.Cuts in Machete were spot on. Immigration talk grew repetitive in the original, so I’m glad Leeroy truncated that.Losing the notion of Machete as lady killer was fine, too.Truth to tell, I didn’t notice a lot of trims, and that speaks well of the edit.Video for both was fine. Grindhouse effects were not too noticeable.When the technique is over applied, it becomes distracting and intrusive.Solid job, nice restraint.Can’t wait for Leeroy to tackle Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again and Deathproof 2.

More...

Top Bottom