Fanedit Forums
Forum Hacked - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Forum Hacked (/showthread.php?tid=8543)

Pages: 1 2

Forum Hacked - Q2 - 09-11-2013

Early this morning our forum was compromised. The hacker gained access to the AdminCP and modified some templates causing a "friendly" message to be shown when accessing the forums. No user data accessed, and we will be investigating how to further strengthen the security of the site.

Forum Hacked - Frantic Canadian - 09-11-2013

I don't want to sound paranoid, but how can you be sure no user data was accessed?

Because I checked the logs and saw what was accessed.

Forum Hacked - Neglify - 09-11-2013

If this hack was directed at FC I'd love to get in touch with the hacker.

Forum Hacked - TVs Frink - 09-11-2013

I'm thinking of doing an HD version of Forum Hacked, if [MENTION=8530]Q2[/MENTION] doesn't mind.

TV's Frink Wrote:I'm thinking of doing an HD version of Forum Hacked, if [MENTION=8530]Q2[/MENTION] doesn't mind.

You have my blessing.

Forum Hacked - Frantic Canadian - 09-11-2013

Q2 Wrote:Because I checked the logs and saw what was accessed.

Forgot about the logs. Did the hacker do anything with the Quick Reply boxes? Because I'm seeing a lot less options above the box now. All the previous options show up if you go advanced, but they're not there with the regular Quick Reply boxes.

Neglify Wrote:If this hack was directed at FC I'd love to get in touch with the hacker.

:lol: Maybe it was done by somebody who was offended by my tampon joke. :lol:

Forum Hacked - Rogue-theX - 09-11-2013

Frantic Canadian Wrote:Forgot about the logs. Did the hacker do anything with the Quick Reply boxes? Because I'm seeing a lot less options above the box now. All the previous options show up if you go advanced, but they're not there with the regular Quick Reply boxes.

Sounds like another update, I know engineers, they love to change things.

Frantic Canadian Wrote:Forgot about the logs. Did the hacker do anything with the Quick Reply boxes? Because I'm seeing a lot less options above the box now. All the previous options show up if you go advanced, but they're not there with the regular Quick Reply boxes.

That was me. The way the circumvented the system was by finding a backdoor to an old modification that is no longer supported. Any mod that was out of date I disabled to prevent future problems, one of the mods was the Quick Reply Editor. So, for the time being, if you need more than the basic options use the Go Advanced option.

Forum Hacked - havok1977 - 09-13-2013

Rogue-theX Wrote:Sounds like another update, I know engineers, they love to change things.

Yes we do! Otherwise life becomes stale, predictable and boring Smile