• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW - Star Wars

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've only just started to listen to it but I imagine Ollie, Richard and Duncan are going to be ripping into it in all kinds of hilarious and entertaining ways :-D.

I wish it was Olie.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Jordan said:
I can't wait to see Force Awakens when it comes out!

Oh.

Do me a favor. Read the rules of the site. This part applies:
3. Posts should be constructive. If you post, please try and make it count. Posts consisting of nothing, but "That sounds great!" or "I am looking forward to this" or the likes, should be kept to a minimum.

If you post rubbish nonsense continuously, you are spamming the forum and will get warned for that and, in repeat cases, maybe even banned. We tolerate a lot here, but there are limits.

Please try to be more constructive when posting in the future. Looking at your posts, this is not the first time you've posted this kind of bland comment and it can be considered spam. Consider this a warning.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

(heheheheh).

Seriously, though, I am torn between getting SOOOOO EXCITED and then remembering Episode 1. On the strength of JJ's outstanding Trek '09 I think it'll absolutely rock. But time will tell. My wife and I are seeing it at 10am on Wed.
Ok. I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!! Ep 1 be damned! Woohoo.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

(heheheheh).

Seriously, though, I am torn between getting SOOOOO EXCITED and then remembering Episode 1. On the strength of JJ's outstanding Trek '09 I think it'll absolutely rock. But time will tell. My wife and I are seeing it at 10am on Wed.
Ok. I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!! Ep 1 be damned! Woohoo.

You magnificent bastard! :)
Have a "like".

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Second Ollie, Richard and Duncan commentary for clones is up on YouTube...

FYI [MENTION=6348]TV's Frink[/MENTION], Duncan reads the opening crawl in the voice of Mayor Quimby. Thought you'd appreciate that :-D.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All the generations are gong to be enjoying TFA (in their own way ;-))...

...and this John Lewis Christmas advert spoof is excellent (Big LOL at the end)...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if this has been posted before, from 1983 Siskel and Ebert defend the Star Wars trilogy....

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Only 2 people hated it according to the news of 'MURICA back then

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=youtube_share;1w8Z0UOXVaY]

[video=youtube_share;UkiI2vM2lfA]

[video=youtube_share;_Ge4_stUpqs]

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before watching Episode 7 I'm hurting myself watching the Episode 1 documentary from the DVD.
Then came the moment of the reading of the script by all the actors, first time they all meet.
And they start saying their lines...
and I'm shocked because they all sound 99% exactely like in the movie!
It's common knowledge they all sounded pretty bored in the movie but now I know how to say it: they sound exactely like on that first round table reading... They didn't bring anything new once on the set.
(of course most lines are re recorded in post prod anyway, but still..)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Well, I guess when ya gots no subtext to play, ya gots no subtext to play... ;)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Before watching Episode 7 I'm hurting myself watching the Episode 1 documentary from the DVD.
Then came the moment of the reading of the script by all the actors, first time they all meet.
and I'm shocked because they all sound 99% exactely like in the movie!
It's common knowledge they all sounded pretty bored in the movie but now I know how to say it: they sound exactely like on that first round table reading... They didn't bring anything new once on the set.

I'm a big apologist for those actors. It's incredibly hard to act without fully committing and playing subtext, etc. Basically, all the actors had interacted with Lucas already and I guess I'm saying it's really hard to act when the director has no clue what he wants, and doesn't actually direct. They came in unsure and from reading about Lucas describe his direction (and others), basically remained that way throughout. Of course, there are some incredibly talented actors there who sometimes actually gave good performances in scenes despite no clear direction or critique whatsoever...however that was often ruined via strange editing. Jake Lloyd aside (who I don't think was good but I don't see how any child could be there - child actors require very clear direction to succeed more than adults), I've seen everybody else do some damn good acting elsewhere. Even old wooden Hayden.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
I'm a big apologist for those actors. It's incredibly hard to act without fully committing and playing subtext, etc.

Oh yes I agree. I wasn't really complaining about the wooden acting for the umpteenth time.
It's just that I've already seen this doc quite often and it was the first time it really pop at me that they really sound like in the movie during this reading.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah gotcha. You were just noting that rather than putting that ones for it on the actors. I watched that once quite a while ago. Might be more fun to revisit it than it was at the time now that SW is back on solid ground for me.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love that Doc, it's endlessly fascinating. I've probably watched it more than EP1 itself.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
and I'm shocked because they all sound 99% exactly like in the movie!
It's common knowledge they all sounded pretty bored in the movie but now I know how to say it: they sound exactly like on that first round table reading... They didn't bring anything new once on the set.

Yes! I noticed that as well when I watched it. It's like the actors are all saying to themselves, "Hmm. This doesn't seem very entertaining, and it doesn't make a lot of sense. But everyone says George Lucas is a genius. Maybe it'll make more sense once we're in production, or once we see the trilogy as a whole." But it just never gets better.

Top Bottom