• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm almost afraid to leave this review, considering all of the positive reactions this edit has generated. Unfortunately, this one didn't do it for me. Maybe I was expecting too much after having seen the brilliant masterpiece which was "The War Of the Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused" (which I have yet to leave a review for, but needless to say it will be glowing) That film was amazing and truly gave the viewer an entirely new viewing experience. Maybe that's the problem here. With this film, I felt that I was watching Star Wars reedited. Now that's not to say it wasn't very cleverly reedited with some very good twists (the way you saved Vader was truly ingenious and worthy of any great movie serial) and (no spoilers) an ingenious surprise ending. I think this film would have been more enjoyable for me if it had some of the vibe of the first one. Firstly, I thought the editor should have applied a scratched film effect on the theatrical scenes so they better matched the deleted scenes in quality. Second, the use of way less star wars music would have helped break me out of the mindset that I was just watching a reedit.With that said, I still think there were some great fanedit ideas presented here. The minimization of the Ewoks was effective and it was fun to see a ton of deleted scenes incorporated into this cut. However, because of the extensive use of deleted scenes and heavy editing, I felt some of the scene transitions were pretty abrupt. I did find myself wanting additional edits in a lot of spots. I find myself in almost complete agreement with "tv's frink's" assessment of the edit and also believe it is worth a watch.

More...

Back
Top Bottom