• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt2

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Curiously, I couldn't find any of the other threads celebrating this wonderful series of films...

:-D

I just got back from seeing Breaking dawn Pt2. It had it's moments (like the rest of the films), but it was mostly just pants. the cinematography was pretty good, the end credits were a nice touch and the one action sequence actually made me not focus on the bad CGI very much at all.

The popcorn was a good deal. I bought a plastic bucket for $15 and through 2013 I can refill it for just $3 a time. It will pay for itself pretty quick.

I've run out of good things to say about the last couple of hours.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reusable popcorn bucket?

Yuck.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know. When we make popcorn at home we always put it in a brand new plastic bowl. ;-)

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
Curiously, I couldn't find any of the other threads celebrating this wonderful series of films...

I just got back from seeing Breaking dawn Pt2. It had it's moments (like the rest of the films), but it was mostly just pants. the cinematography was pretty good, the end credits were a nice touch and the one action sequence actually made me not focus on the bad CGI very much at all.

The popcorn was a good deal. I bought a plastic bucket for $15 and through 2013 I can refill it for just $3 a time. It will pay for itself pretty quick.

I've run out of good things to say about the last couple of hours.

Refillable popcorn container you say?

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
:ban:

I once "notebooked" myself.

I am four seasons in to Gilmore Girls.

...I'll get me coat.

Gaith said:
We actually had a pretty decent Twi-thread a few years back... I think it about covered the bases.

Thanks for the link. I don't think I have anything to add to the discussion though. I only watched the movies to be a good boyfriend. And it's a bit of a trade off. She will watch something I like now.

She made me watch Finding Nemo a few weeks back. But in return she watched Cabin In The Woods.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
I am four seasons in to Gilmore Girls.

mother of god...

As a good husband, I sat through most of the Gilmore Girls with my wife. While the first 4 seasons were mildly (MILDLY) tolerable, I wanted to nuke Stars Hollow by the end of the series

30373327.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
I only watched the movies to be a good boyfriend. And it's a bit of a trade off. She will watch something I like now.
My girlfriend doesn't ask me to watch Twilight... she much prefers putting on a TNG uni and calling me "Captain". :-D

... My girlfriend is imaginary. :oops:

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only thing about twilight i know is that the vampires twinkle in the day light.

Vampires dont fucking SPARKLE!!!!

Nuff said, nothing to see here.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Twilight = shit. I had to sit through the first four movies with the wife, and by then I was reduced to a dribbling wreck (nothing new there). The movies suck more than Dracula does. All Twilight has done is humanised Vampires....which Blade did ages ago, but with buckets of gore, loads of swearing and insane amounts of action. And is ten times better. And didn't make vampires look all wimpy, either.

Twilight can f**k off for all I care. The sooner this series of films is forgotten, the better.

(does it show I hate the Twilight movies?)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
I know. When we make popcorn at home we always put it in a brand new plastic bowl. ;-)

Oops, I was envisioning a standard paper tub.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JetSetWilly said:
Twilight = shit. I had to sit through the first four movies with the wife

Don't feel so bad, I watched the first film of my own accord.... and I hated every second of it that I've never gone back to the franchise, my brother seems to enjoy them but to me this aint vampires. I guess vampires have always been a bit campy from Salem's lot to Lost boys, buffy even blade and especially now with Tru Blood which is probably tonally close to twilight in terms of vampires standing around not doing vampirey things but I think it wins lots of favour from me by having a lot of Anna Paquin Topless.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Don't feel so bad, I watched the first film of my own accord.... and I hated every second of it that I've never gone back to the franchise, my brother seems to enjoy them but to me this aint vampires. I guess vampires have always been a bit campy from Salem's lot to Lost boys, buffy even blade and especially now with Tru Blood which is probably tonally close to twilight in terms of vampires standing around not doing vampirey things but I think it wins lots of favour from me by having a lot of Anna Paquin Topless.

The only vampire mythos I have much respect for is Anne Rice's Vampire novels beginning with Interview With a Vampire.
Underworld does a good job also in the first movie. They both address well the most fascinating part to me about vampire mythos, which is the question, "What would a person who has lived for thousands of years be like?"

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
Refillable popcorn container you say?

TV's Frink said:
Oops, I was envisioning a standard paper tub.

33xzxcn.jpg

ThrowgnCpr said:
mother of god...

As a good husband, I sat through most of the Gilmore Girls with my wife. While the first 4 seasons were mildly (MILDLY) tolerable, I wanted to nuke Stars Hollow by the end of the series

I can think of so many worse things to sit through. While I am watching Gilmore Girls, I thank my lucky stars that my girlfriend is not into them.

I'm not really a vampire fan, I couldn't really give a crap about how people portray them. I liked the Blade series enough to buy it though. Thank you CBB for editing the third one.

I read Interview With The Vampire and The Vampire Lestat, back when it was fashionable to do so. I remember really liking them, but was over it all by the time Queen Of The Damned came out and despite buying a copy, I never read it.

And Twilight is just terrible really. I wouldn't hate on it though. Stick me on my own on a deserted Island with a solar powered home entertainment system and give me the choice of the Twilight movies or nothing and I'd take 'em. At least there is the occasional pretty girl to look at.

Tonight, me and my girlfriend are going to a free showing at our local cheap seats, of The Bourne Legacy. Free popcorn too.

Balance will be restored... :)

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd take The Bourne Legacy any day over the Twilight saga any day. And I thought TBL was ok at best.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JetSetWilly said:
I'd take The Bourne Legacy any day over the Twilight saga any day. And I thought TBL was ok at best.

My expectations are lower than a very low thing. Don't worry.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol. It was the first Bourne film id seen at the cinema. It was ok. Not as much action as I expected, and I thought, once it going, it had finished. But that's just my opinion. Jeremy Renner was great though. And Rachel Wiesz was eye candy as always :)

Top Bottom