• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Mending:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
At first I thought, "Oh no, not another Phantom Menace edit!" After seeing it, I think this is now my preferred version of the film. It's still not a great movie, but it's the best cut I've ever seen by far. Audio/Video Quality: Perfect! 10/10 Visual Editing: Perfect! 10/10 Audio Editing: Perfect! 10/10 Narrative: The editor has literally chopped almost everything I hate about this movie. No midochlorians, no C-3PO or R2-D2, no Anakin/Padme interactions, most of the bad dialogue is removed, characters are vastly improved, no gungans, and Jar Jar has almost no speaking lines. My biggest criticism of The Phantom Mending is the pod race. The continuity, geography, and sequence of events is messed up and extremely confusing to watch. The chosen one prophecy is still included, but at the very least there is no virgin birth. I think that some of the deleted scenes, like Anakin's fistfight with Greedo and Qui-Gon encountering Maul's probe droid, could have been inserted, could have strengthed the plot, but it still works fine without them. My only other complaint is that Padme's whininess on Tatooine is intact, and I have yet to see an edit that actually removes this. Other than that, this edit is very bold and often strays, for the better, from the usual Phantom Menace edit standard. Enjoyment: I highly enjoyed this, and like other Star Wars edits in HD the picture quality looks absolutely spectacular. The narrative changes are awesome and I look forward to seeing t528491's upcoming Star Wars edits. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

More...

Back
Top Bottom