• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Who

One for editor anoraks everywhere, a special edition omnibus edit of the very first Dalek serial IN COLOUR will broadcast on the 23rd of November

The edit sounds interesting, 75-mins is cutting more than half of the runtime, so it should zip along. Replacing the score sounds iffy, if they mean with a totally different score. The avant garde Radiophonic score is part of the vibe.

The edit sounds interesting, 75-mins is cutting more than half of the runtime, so it should zip along. Replacing the score sounds iffy, if they mean with a totally different score. The avant garde Radiophonic score is part of the vibe.
Oh I missed that detail about it being cut shorter. Still, man this could be really cool.

non twiter users -

NEW #DoctorWho QUOTE - Russell T Davies reveals a Timeless connection in #WildBlueYonder!

Speaking to DWM for Issue 597 (#WhoniverseSpoilers), Russell teased: “The history of the Flux and the Timeless Child is dealt with very slightly in this episode, to acknowledge the brilliant work Chris did and to say that’s absolutely part of our history as well.” This follows Russell’s previous reassurances to SFX earlier this month…

Speaking to SFX Magazine for their new issue out today, Davies said: “Let’s stare that question right in the eye. I’m not going to unwrite my good friend Chris Chibnall’s work on 'The Timeless Children’. I’m not going to deny what he wrote. I’m going with it. It’s absolutely fine.”

Good. I didn't really like Chibnall's ideas, but it would have been lazy and giving into the worst side of the fandom to negate it.

Yeah if anyone was going to fundamentally change it (for example saying it was true but was actually the Master, or whatever) it would have been Chibnall himself in the final episodes of his run. I don't foresee anyone stepping on his toes now.

Other details in Doctor Who Magazine

Fourteenth Doctor will travel to Skaro. Children In Need is next week, so Russel is probably referring to that, which means Daleks will appear

-The colourized Dalek story will have brand new scenes written by Davies, with David Graham, one of the earliest Dalek voices, voicing the lines.

I really hope the BBC does make a blanket statement giving amnesty to anyone holding missing footage in private collections for DW or any other show. It would do more good to have them shared since they're not going to get them back any other way.

Heads up, it was confirmed by a journalist that article is full of misinformation.

I really hope the BBC does make a blanket statement giving amnesty to anyone holding missing footage in private collections for DW or any other show. It would do more good to have them shared since they're not going to get them back any other way.

They do have amnesty. As Zarius said, this article is full of errors and half truths just to capitalize on the anniversary next week. We know that there's at least a few episodes out there, but there appear to be other obstacles that are preventing their return at this time. Hopefully they get sorted out soon, but at least the animations have resumed to help fill in the gaps.

While we would all obviously love to have the missing episodes, the animated versions are better than nothing. I hope they eventually finish that effort. We still need 11 serials completed:
  • First Doctor
    • Marco Polo (7 episodes, all missing)
    • The Crusade (4 episodes, 2 missing)
    • The Myth Makers (4 episodes, all missing)
    • The Daleks' Master Plan (12 episodes, 9 missing)
    • The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve (4 episodes, all missing)
    • The Celestial Toymaker (4 episodes, 3 missing)
    • The Savages (4 episodes, all missing)
    • The Smugglers (4 episodes, all missing)
  • The Second Doctor
    • The Highlanders (4 episodes, all missing)
    • The Wheel in Space (6 episodes, 4 missing)
      • They did do a partial animation of 1 episode, but not the whole serial or even the whole episode for some reason
    • The Space Pirates (6 episodes, 5 missing)

Watched the Children In Need special…

And Davies interview afterwards.

Not certain if I understood him correctly?

Is this Davros’ new look moving forward or is it just for the Special?

I always assumed these specials were non-canon.

Watched the Children In Need special…

And Davies interview afterwards.

Not certain if I understood him correctly?

Is this Davros’ new look moving forward or is it just for the Special?

I always assumed these specials were non-canon.
Dimensions in Time is categorically not canon, but that's only because it's regarded as being so bloody awful

This special is said to be canonical according to Russel, it follows directly on from the ending of Liberation of the Daleks, the Magazine serial that followed directly on from the Thirteen Doctor's final story.

Russel said this look for Davros is how to perceive him now, as he feels having a stereotype disabled villain is problematic to him and the diverse production crew in 2023

the following is just random, free thinking, speculation, with no evidence about RTD's future pans for Doctor Who, or more specifically, the character Davros...

Davies interview is very carefully worded.
"Perceive him now"... does that mean if we ever see Davros again, it will only be before his accident? Or is he planning on "fixing" Davros, to make him human looking again? If so, then it is not really the same character anymore, is it? Or is the 15th Doctor era going to be some sort of Reboot?

In my 50 plus years, I have never equated someone with a disability with being Evil.
And I never thought of Davros as an offensive character or even remotely representational of people with disabilities?
Davros is a fictional, alien monster. Period.
To me, this is over-sensitivity, over-correcting, over-thinking silliness.

But if RTD finds Davros so offensive, why not just retire the character. Just put him on a shelf for the next showrunner.
The Daleks always worked great without Davros imo.
I mean there was no Davros until Genesis.
And the Dalek Emperor is a great, underdeveloped concept.

Or why not create a Counter Point Character to Davros?
Cast a disabled actor as a Companion.

Then there is of the Reverse Discrimination argument.
So disabled characters can only be Good?

Again, this is just random rambling by myself.
I have enjoyed Davies' previous DW era, so I really curious what his vision is moving forward...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom