• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It certainly looks glossy. If NPH isn't who I assume he is I'll be disappointed.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm hoping The Doctor will need some help from his past lives. The living actors NEED their due as it was a missed opportunity for the 50th.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It certainly looks glossy. If NPH isn't who I assume he is I'll be disappointed.
Official press have revealed he is playing

The Celestial Toymaker

I'm hoping The Doctor will need some help from his past lives. The living actors NEED their due as it was a missed opportunity for the 50th.
Again, why are people blanking on what happened in Jodie's finale? Where this exact thing happened?

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Again, why are people blanking on what happened in Jodie's finale? Where this exact thing happened?
The only thing I remember about that was seeing David Tennant appear.
I sorta remember it was pretty bad and it was most certainly forgettable. I do know Ace was in it but no idea what she actually did (something to do with lava tunnels?).
Were there other legacy actors in there?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I sorta remember it was pretty bad and it was most certainly forgettable. I do know Ace was in it but no idea what she actually did (something to do with lava tunnels?).
I loved it. It had a sizable ensemble from old Who companions in starring roles and cameos at the end. And some hand wavy technology showing the faces of the classic Doctors to the Doc and the companions.

The only thing is I thought Tennant should have regenerated in the leftover Jodie clothes, shouldn't have just arrived fully dressed during regen. That was weird.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points

You having a laugh? Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, David Tennant, and David Bradley (as the first Doctor) all had sizable roles in Whittaker's final episode and not just stock footage like in the 50th.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only thing is I thought Tennant should have regenerated in the leftover Jodie clothes, shouldn't have just arrived fully dressed during regen. That was weird.
Blame RTD for that one, he said he didn't like the optics of pulling that off, Tennant in Jodie's outfit would have been pounced on for looking TOO camp and silly, and instead of reigniting interest in the programme, it'd contribute further to it's ongoing mockery by the right-wing media and fans. You have to remember Jodie also wasn't a success in the role and people associate her era with a significant decline in the show's quality and ratings.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the idea of Jodie as the Doctor. I was pretty hyped for it to be honest, but the music didn't work for me at all, the loss of Murray Gold was a disaster for me, and the style of the show was just off, and the writing was pretty bad, I completely skipped a whole chunk of it. Granted, it did get better towards teh end, but ultimately it was all pretty forgettable for me. Jodie was directed really badly and had awful material to work with IMO, it's a shame she wasn't allowed to fill her potential.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I had no opinion of Chibnall before Jodie's run. Now I do, and it's not good. I don't think he ruined the show, but man he made some bad, and some boring, episodes, and he frankly on an overall season level, didn't utilize any of the cast well, he was too busy juggling all of them each episode so none of them go anywhere, even though there are hints throughout that they will. One of them even reveals something emotional towards the end of the Jodie run finale episode, and it just falls flat, too little too late. In an RTD season I would be in tears because this would have been built up, in a Moffatt season I'd be on the edge of my seat because it would have been a shock or twist. Here I'm just like, "you should have said something earlier, ya dingus!"

And Chibnall insisted on writing like 70-90% of the run, from what I remember of the credits. What I love about RTD is he knows how to do a grand payoff for all the buildup of everything. Moffatt does big spectacle and subversion. Chibnall just hints around then lets things fizzle out.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 60th anniversary musical celebration was recorded last night and they played the new theme, the Fifteenth Doctor's theme, and Ruby Sunday's theme for the first time.

15's theme was described as something you could ride a horse to.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Five Doctors (1983)
Happily this was one of the Doctor Who VHS TV recordings my family had in a cupboard when I was a kid. I watched it endlessly, so with such fond memories for comparison, the new pinsharp HD scan from the negative on the new Season 20 blu-ray set looks about as good as I remembered! (with those rose tinted glasses). I went with the extended Special Edition, for the extra 10-minutes, not for the updated FX, as I prefer the charm of vintage bad FX, over new bad CGI FX. Patrick Troughton is the best part, he's a bundle of mischievous energy. The team-up allows for super fun timey-wimey dialogue like when the 5th Doctor is apologising for the 1st Doctor's crankiness by saying "Humour him. I used to get a little tetchy. Fortunately one mellows with age". It's that familiar thing when your grandad says something embarrassing, except for the Doctor the "grandad" is his younger self! The final line of the special is a total classic. David Banks as the Cyber leader saying "Ex-cellent!" is one of my favourite things of all time and he does it a few times here.

An "Excellent!" supercut!:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tales of the TARDIS is blooming brilliant.

They're like cup alternatives you can put on something like BBC FOUR for us cultured weirdos.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Children In Need special confirmed for November 17th

Top Bottom